Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:40 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicant:(2017 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]
abrakadabra21 wrote:
DanielO wrote:
abrakadabra21 wrote:
Hi,

In application portal there is template given for CV. Is it necessary to use that one or we can use our own. Anyone knows ?

Thanks for the help.

They have a template. What makes you think it's a good idea to ignore it?

Because I have a better template, that's why.

Better in what respect? They probably included everything they want to know from you in a form they like it in. Yours can't be 'better'.

Frankly, if I were in the adcom and someone ignored my template, I'd think that person is blind, ignorant or lazy; the latter because I'd assume that that person is recycling a template from another school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 189
Schools: Judge"18 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Calling all Judge (Cambridge) MBA Applicant:(2017 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Kudos
Great attitude - in that case why don't you use your "better" template, I am sure the adcom will appreciate it and good luck

And while you're at it, maybe consider that in the 21st century CVs get processed by Software too, so they might have a specific reason to request a particular format.

Posted from my mobile device

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats to all new admits!! I think it's time to let R3 applicants take over this thread. We have created a separate thread for admitted students here.. judge-cambridge-class-of-2018-calling-all-admitted-students-231100.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am a R3 applicant for Cambridge Judge Mba 2017 intake.

I appeared for my first attempt at GMAT today, with only a couple of weeks of preparation, because of the lack of time as the deadline is on 6th January, and scored 710 (Q50 V35). I believe i can do a lot better and thus I am planning to do a months preparation and retake the exam during 1st/2nd week of February.

Can you please tell me whether Cambridge-judge considers the updated GMAT score post the application deadline?

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Dear All,

Can anyone please share the questions for reference or the reference template. Also, are the referrals required to send the reference via email to Judge. I am not able to understand the procedure for reference.

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1988achilles wrote:
Dear All,

Can anyone please share the questions for reference or the reference template. Also, are the referrals required to send the reference via email to Judge. I am not able to understand the procedure for reference.

Regards,

Did you check the reference section in the application portal? That should answer your questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
Send PM
deepds wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I appeared for my first attempt at GMAT today, with only a couple of weeks of preparation, because of the lack of time as the deadline is on 6th January, and scored 710 (Q50 V35). I believe i can do a lot better and thus I am planning to do a months preparation and retake the exam during 1st/2nd week of February.

Can you please tell me whether Cambridge-judge considers the updated GMAT score post the application deadline?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, imho, your gmat score is good enough. Don't bother retaking it. You're better off spending the time to focus on other parts of your application. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: IMD Jan'18
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hey Guys,

Did anybody get an automated or personal confirmation on submission of the application?

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tosc2015 wrote:
deepds wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Hi, imho, your gmat score is good enough. Don't bother retaking it. You're better off spending the time to focus on other parts of your application. Good luck!

Thanks tosc2015!

I have applied to JBS in R3. Any idea by when can we expect to hear from Adcom about interview decisions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
deepds wrote:
tosc2015 wrote:
deepds wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Thanks tosc2015!

I have applied to JBS in R3. Any idea by when can we expect to hear from Adcom about interview decisions?

Hi deeps,

You can expect to hear from them in about 3 weeks. They follow the timeline in their website quite closely.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tosc2015 wrote:
deepds wrote:
tosc2015 wrote:
[quote="deepds"]Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Thanks tosc2015!

Hi deeps,

You can expect to hear from them in about 3 weeks. They follow the timeline in their website quite closely.[/quote]
Ok Thanks tosc2015.

Also my Recommender submitted the Recommendation on 7th January Saturday, which is one day after the R3 deadline of 6th January.
Can you please tell me whether JBS will accept my application for R3?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Well deepds, I would strongly recommend you to get in touch with your admission coordinator and explain your situation. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.14
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Hey Everyone,

I got accepted during Round 2. They were very, very quick about inviting you to an interview. It took them exactly two weeks to get back to me. Also, note that they heavily expect you to attend the interview in person--as you should. It's a blast, they treat you to quite the meal and it's great to meet your classmates! I already made a ton of friends.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
desertwarrior. I got confirmation of receipt of my application today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
linden84 wrote:
Great attitude - in that case why don't you use your "better" template, I am sure the adcom will appreciate it and good luck

And while you're at it, maybe consider that in the 21st century CVs get processed by Software too, so they might have a specific reason to request a particular format.

I think you are really stretching on your assumptions there. I doubt anyone's application will be rejected because of minor CV format changes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Maergh wrote:
desertwarrior. I got confirmation of receipt of my application today.

Has anyone else also received a confirmation email from judge? I submitted my application on 6th January but I haven't received any confirmation yet.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
DanielO wrote:
abrakadabra21 wrote:
DanielO wrote:

They have a template. What makes you think it's a good idea to ignore it?

Because I have a better template, that's why.

Better in what respect? They probably included everything they want to know from you in a form they like it in. Yours can't be 'better'.

Frankly, if I were in the adcom and someone ignored my template, I'd think that person is blind, ignorant or lazy; the latter because I'd assume that that person is recycling a template from another school.

I agree to that. The school naturally wants to see info in their format, that's the first reason they are asking you to follow it. I think not following instructions in your application should be an offence to the admissions team. You have to respect their processes if you are applying to their school and asking for their time on your application.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts