Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 07:16

Going on Right now:

Live Q&A Session with Cambridge Admissions Team   ||    Join Chat Room to Attend the Session

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Power score bible CR with OG12

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Power score bible CR with OG12 [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 09:37
Hi

Just bought few listed books....

Manhattan guide SC,Word prob,Number prop,Geometry...And power score bible for CR..

Presently reading power score...I want to know should i wait to complete the whole book and then practice from OG or should i start simultaniously ....

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Schools: ISB
WE 1: Engineer - Larsen & Toubro, ECC Division
WE 2: Faculty - T.I.M.E.
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 125 [1] , given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: Power score bible CR with OG12 [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 10:02
This post received
KUDOS
Best way to study CR is to use the OG in conjunction with the Powerscore CR Bible.

This is how I did it:
1. First, read all the introductory chapters (chapter that come before they start discussing specific question type) in Powerscore CR Bible. Once you have developed the basic skills which apply to all CR problems, proceed to the next step.
2. Read the first problem in the OG. If you have internalized the introductory concepts, then you will have no trouble identifying the premise, conclusion, possible assumptions and question type. After identifying the question type, proceed to the next step.
3. Turn to the chapter, in powerscore bible, which addresses the particular question type. Read the chapter. See if you can eliminate the wrong answer choices in the first question and identify the right answer using the techniques illustrated in the chapter you've just read. If you are able to do so, proceed to the next question and repeat step 2 - 3 for that question.

If you continue doing so, you would have internalized all the theory, along with a thorough understanding of how to apply the theory to do the problems, by the time you reach the 100th question.

I used this strategy during my prep and it helped me a lot...

Try it :)

Since there are only limited number of authentic CR questions to practice on, my method is the best way to make the most out of the problems which are available.

Regards,
Entwistle

Mission: Be a force of good and make a positive difference to every life I touch!

From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT [Experience Thread]

Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)

Re: Power score bible CR with OG12 [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 11:31
Hey Entwistle

Thats a great idea! I think it will truly work for me....Yes i have completed the introductory part till chapter 2 ..still left with ques stem and answers...

But dont you think there are less than 8 types of CR strategies....And through this i will complete CR bible in less time.....

Well i loved the first two chapters though its little bit boring but still helping me....Did you improve your CR after reviewing it?

Thanks

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Director
Director
Schools: ISB
WE 1: Engineer - Larsen & Toubro, ECC Division
WE 2: Faculty - T.I.M.E.
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 66

GMAT Tests User
Re: Power score bible CR with OG12 [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2011, 18:56
The introductory chapters address the fundamental concepts which are applicable to all types of questions. Learning these chapter alone will help you solve 500 level problems. But for Higher level problems, you will need to learn the other chapters as well. Learning question type specific strategies will help you solve the questions faster. Towards the end of my preparation phase, I could solve 700 level questions in under 1.5 minutes.

Mission: Be a force of good and make a positive difference to every life I touch!

From 650 to 710 to 750 - My Tryst With GMAT [Experience Thread]

Director
Director

Re: Power score bible CR with OG12 [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2011, 11:39
Thank you so much.....I am already studying chapter 3 after that i am good to go and practice the way you recommended ....

Thanks

More useful links-->

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Re: Power score bible CR with OG12   [#permalink] 18 Sep 2011, 11:39