Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 14:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

powerprep test- totally confusing results...any suggestions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

powerprep test- totally confusing results...any suggestions [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2004, 05:41
Hi All,

I did my first power prep exam yesterday as an estimation of what I am to expect one week from now in the GMAT exam and the results were very confusing for me.

First of all I scored 590 which made me so depressed about the exam :( but what is confusing for me is that I have scored better in kaplan verbal than I did in powerprep and most errors were in CR which has always been my strongest point. Never before did I do more than 2-3 mistakes in CR. Also I scored 560 and 590 in kaplan and 610 in prineton review exams taken earlier.

Can this be possible that people scored same in kaplan and powerprep or did worse than kaplan in the final test. Also can anybody who has taken the gmat exam compare kaplan to powerprep and suggest what I might expect to be real gmat score.

Thank you,
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2004, 07:31
You should score about 50-100 points higher on the GMAT than on Kaplan. However, PP is quite representative of what you could get on the exam. Did you miss more CR because of time constraint and stress? You should maybe think of timing yourself when doing those CR

Best Regards,

Paul

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2004, 02:26
hey... don't get too disheartened. The CR can go awry at times. Its not a pointer towards a bad performance. You have just a week to go. I suggest that you go through the CR on PR and OG. That should help. As for scores, don't let them bog you down. I have scores of 550-640 on Kaplan and a 690 on PR and a 650 on crack-gmat diagnostic. So its all very confusing!!
Just crack the GMAT!!

Don't drink and derive!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2004, 09:07
Thank you Paul and manan for the replies. Yeah I tried CR from kaplan and Princenton again and did fine. just 1-2 mistakes. So I just don't know why I did so bad on powerprep.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2278

Kudos [?]: 8812 [0], given: 3667

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: powerprep test- totally confusing results...any suggesti [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2004, 12:50
Expert's post
mounika wrote:
Hi All,

I did my first power prep exam yesterday as an estimation of what I am to expect one week from now in the GMAT exam and the results were very confusing for me.

First of all I scored 590 which made me so depressed about the exam :( but what is confusing for me is that I have scored better in kaplan verbal than I did in powerprep and most errors were in CR which has always been my strongest point. Never before did I do more than 2-3 mistakes in CR. Also I scored 560 and 590 in kaplan and 610 in prineton review exams taken earlier.

Can this be possible that people scored same in kaplan and powerprep or did worse than kaplan in the final test. Also can anybody who has taken the gmat exam compare kaplan to powerprep and suggest what I might expect to be real gmat score.

Thank you,

Try the estimator :)
Click the link under my name - it has 270 entries by now - should be close to the real score, assuming you are in just as good health as when you took the practice tests.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: powerprep test- totally confusing results...any suggesti   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2004, 12:50