Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 00:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

PR practice test any good?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 0

PR practice test any good? [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2008, 12:11
I noticed that PR has a free practice exam. Is it any good? Recently ive been doing the paper tests, but these are rather easy on the math side.

Thx
SVP
SVP
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 233 [0], given: 1

Re: PR practice test any good? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2008, 10:50
What I do know is that all the verbal questions from the paper tests can be found in 1000SC, 1000RC, and 1000CR. As for the math, I don't really know, however, they are pretty much easier compared to the CAT tests. My best advise is to stick to the gmatclub challenges. To take 1 test from the gmat challenge every single day should be more than fine. Then once you finish 1 test for the day and will have reviewed your mistakes, move on to the verbal questions from the 1000 series, by doing 20 questions each. If you do that for 1 month, you will have covered about 600 questions per verbal section. Also, you will have finished the gmatclub challenge because it provides 25 different math tests. I think it's better to do a set of 20 questions each for the verbal because you want to slowly digest any new grammar that you learn from your mistakes. I think it could be hard to remember them when you do a lot more. imagine if you did 50 questions each day and got half of them wrong for each section. imagine how much new stuff you will need to learn every single day for each verbal section? and what are the chances of you remembering what you have learnt when you have such a bulk? not much i guess....
As for PR CAT, its math seems ok but its scoring is soo wrong. you can score 37 on math when you get only 8 mistakes! so don't let the score intimidate you. As for the verbal, i thought it was way too easy.
hope this helps
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

Re: PR practice test any good? [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2008, 13:17
I found PR tests to be some where in middle to whats out there. Better than ARCO and Kaplan but not as good as Manhattan and GMAT Prep. My practice score ware higher in PR tests compared to Manhattan tests. I tried couple of tests as it was available in local library and wanted to get used to sitting 3 hours for an exam.
Re: PR practice test any good?   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2008, 13:17