Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 23:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Practice CAT - other than Kaplan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Texas (accepted) , Chicago Booth (accepted), Stanford (denied), London Business School (accepted)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Practice CAT - other than Kaplan [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2007, 07:31
I am taking the GMAT two weeks from today and have only taken Kaplan tests up to this point. My scores have ranged from 600 to 660 which as I have read numerous times on this board should/can be trended upwards.

Where can take a different, more accurate practice CAT online before my actual test date? I have heard of GMATprep and a few others??

Thanks in advance.

- Adam
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2007, 07:53
Try Manhattan GMAT it has 6 full length cat's and in addition u can retake them w/ the questions mixed up. I think its right at 30 for the test. I've gotten right at about a 630-650 on all of them i think it's pretty accurate considering that's what i've gotten on most of the other ones
Current Student
Schools: Texas (accepted) , Chicago Booth (accepted), Stanford (denied), London Business School (accepted)

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2007, 12:28
Thanks for the feedback. Where do you get Manhattan GMATs? Do they provide the same feedback/breakdown of your scores as Kaplan does to each question type, etc?
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2007, 15:51
From what I hear, GMATPrep is the best indicator of your real score. It is available here: http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/ToolsToHelpYouPrepare/GMATPrepProducts/FreeGMATPrepTestPreparationSoftwarein2006.htm
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2007, 16:18
Thanks. I just downloaded the GMAT Prep software and will take the 2 practice tests to gauge where I stand. I'm also going to purchase the GMAT Challenges.

Is it also worth taking a few Manhattan GMATs for score verification?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2007, 16:26
i've been fooling around w/ the manhattan test for awhile and i've gotten to a point where i score a constent 630-650 i think it's worth it too take them to be fully prepared for the test, which i wasn't when i took it and got a 600 bc i bombed the qual. sec.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2007, 07:46
Too bad you didn't tell us earlier you were using Kaplan...they're not representative of the real tests.

Definitely do the GMATPrep tests...I didn't use Manhattan GMAT but the Princeton Review tests are excellent. You can do a free one on their site and get several more in Cracking the GMAT.
  [#permalink] 08 Jul 2007, 07:46