Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 10:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2008, 07:13
so here are my practice exam results so far...

MGMATCAT #1 - 580
MGMAT CAT #2 - 640
MGMAT Cat #3 - 590
MGMAT CAT #4 - 660
MGMAT CAT #5 - 590
MGMAT CAT #6 - 660

GMAT PREP#1- 660
GAMT PREP #2- yet to take

Actual GMAT - 6 days away

I guess my plan will be to just, use the MGMAT CAT breakdown to see what areas I am getting questions incorrect in and focus on them and take GMAT PREP #2, and possible some of the kaplan exams that I havent yet taken...any opinions?

my target score on the actual GMAT is 650+ but obviously the higher the better

I really have no clue what to expect when I take the exam...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2008, 07:22
Your Gmatprep score is a good rep of what your score will be. You seem to be on the borderline of getting over a 650, I just hope your a good test taker! Good luck.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2008, 08:46
yup.. GMatprep is usually +-30 of your actual score... good luck
Intern
Intern

Re: Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2008, 11:27
do you guys think that given I only have roughly 6 days till the exam, which probably means 2-3 actual study days (have a full time job)....do you think its even worth to study more, or just minor reviews here and there...i figure i cant really improve much in just a few days....may as well just review some of these MGMAT books over again and wait for GMAT day!

or maybe i should jsut force myself to study every weeknight....arrgghhh there is no right answer is there! haha
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2008, 11:34
GMAT4Lyfe wrote:
do you guys think that given I only have roughly 6 days till the exam, which probably means 2-3 actual study days (have a full time job)....do you think its even worth to study more, or just minor reviews here and there...i figure i cant really improve much in just a few days....may as well just review some of these MGMAT books over again and wait for GMAT day!

or maybe i should jsut force myself to study every weeknight....arrgghhh there is no right answer is there! haha

Minor reviews. You might learn some new concept and not even get tested on it. Just know what you know, but know it well. Relax. Remember, you don't need to rush through the test since you're not aiming for 700+
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2008, 12:40
GMAT4Lyfe wrote:
so here are my practice exam results so far...

MGMATCAT #1 - 580
MGMAT CAT #2 - 640
MGMAT Cat #3 - 590
MGMAT CAT #4 - 660
MGMAT CAT #5 - 590
MGMAT CAT #6 - 660

GMAT PREP#1- 660
GAMT PREP #2- yet to take

Actual GMAT - 6 days away

I guess my plan will be to just, use the MGMAT CAT breakdown to see what areas I am getting questions incorrect in and focus on them and take GMAT PREP #2, and possible some of the kaplan exams that I havent yet taken...any opinions?

my target score on the actual GMAT is 650+ but obviously the higher the better

I really have no clue what to expect when I take the exam...

Don't pay attention to the MGMAT scores... Trust me. I got 640, 650, 660 on my last three MGMAT preps and a 540 on test day. An average of the score on your next GMATPrep and the first one will be a good indicator of where you land.
Intern
Intern

Re: Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2008, 12:48
well it happened, i bombed the test...I left the test room with a 550.. 37Q 27V :(

This was my lowest score that I've recieved compared to my practice CATs, i thought I was doing alright as I was taking it, I think in the verbal area I lost some focus, but I didnt think it was that bad!

I took a Kaplan exam which I did terrbily in, and not to make excuses, but I was using it more to get different types of questions rather than an actual score, so my focus wasn't 100% there, but it was still a confidence killer to see such a low score on any type of CAT regardless.

my practice results were:
MGMATCAT #1 - 580
MGMAT CAT #2 - 640
MGMAT Cat #3 - 590
MGMAT CAT #4 - 660
MGMAT CAT #5 - 590
MGMAT CAT #6 - 660

GMAT PREP#1- 660

2 Days before Exam Kaplan CAT - 490 (confidence killer)
Day before Exam - Took the 2nd GMAT prep 620

Heading into the exam my confidence was shot, especially because of that Kaplan score.

I think I will have to re-takle the exam, I really think I can score in the low to mid 600 on that exam! I just can't believe I have to go through another month of studying and being anti-social...my friends and family must think I'm trying to be a nerosurgian or something...

I studied mostly with the MGMAT material, which was great. But the verbal questions on the MGMAT CAT's aren't really reflective of the type of questions you get on the actual GMAT.

I'll go some more Quant questions but I think I'll focus heavy on the verbal, which I originally thought was my stronger side....before I combined the MGMAT and the OG when studying, but this time I think I'll go strictly through the OG only...

bahhhhhhhhhh i cant believe i got a 550!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2008, 16:26
That sucks!!!

Take a break, relax and then plan.

I'm going to take mine soon too, I'm scared that I may meet the same kind situations....hhhhh

I too can't imagine to be anti-social for another 3 months :(
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days! [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2008, 18:29
Determine what you are weak at and focus on that for the next couple of weeks. Keep fresh by practicing on GmatClub practice problems. Attack the weakness.
Re: Practice CAT results...GMAT in 6 days!   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2008, 18:29