Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:22

Hurry Up:

Last day of registration for Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Practice grid for Mac OS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Practice grid for Mac OS [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 05:57
Hi All,

I have used Practice grid for my GMAT preparation. Thinking of retaking the test. I used the Excel practice grid (attached) quite a lot for my preparation. I recently got a Mac and when I tried using it, the macro buttons don't work. I tried to 'assign' macros to the buttons in vain. I also tried to save the file in .XLSX format. It worked fine in Windows..but not on Mac. Is anyone here able to get this grid to work in Mac OS?

Thanks for the help!
Attachments

TestGrid4GMAT.xls [60 KiB]
Downloaded 43 times

To download please login or register as a user

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 186 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Practice grid for Mac OS [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 06:58
Phoenix9 wrote:
Hi All,

I have used Practice grid for my GMAT preparation. Thinking of retaking the test. I used the Excel practice grid (attached) quite a lot for my preparation. I recently got a Mac and when I tried using it, the macro buttons don't work. I tried to 'assign' macros to the buttons in vain. I also tried to save the file in .XLSX format. It worked fine in Windows..but not on Mac. Is anyone here able to get this grid to work in Mac OS?

Thanks for the help!

What version of excel are you using on your mac?
Intern
Intern

Re: Practice grid for Mac OS [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 07:09
I have Office 2011! Currently downloaded a trial version and I think it has full functionality.
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 186 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Practice grid for Mac OS [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 07:16
Phoenix9 wrote:
I have Office 2011! Currently downloaded a trial version and I think it has full functionality.

I know VBA support went away with 2008 but they were supposed to bring it back. Actually, they did bring it back. Let me play with it a bit and I'll get back to you.
Intern
Intern

Re: Practice grid for Mac OS [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 08:03
Thanks a lot 'Lagomez'!
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 186 [1] , given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Practice grid for Mac OS [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 09:27
This post received
KUDOS
I think the problem is that for some reason mac isn't recognizing the button object. I tested the code referencing cells and the code seemed to work. For example, you have code that reads the text of the button. I made it reference a specific cell with that same text and it worked fine. Try getting rid of the objects or find a way to create the objects in mac
Intern
Intern

Re: Practice grid for Mac OS [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 09:38
Thanks for looking into this.

This is not a file that I created :-); I found it on GMATClub and as I am alien to VBA, I'll probably install Windows (bootcamp) and run Excel there. I hoped to use this on the Mac OS :-(. Anyways, Thanks again.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Practice grid for Mac OS [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 00:27
Thanks for letting me know about other good stuff!
Re: Practice grid for Mac OS   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2011, 00:27