Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 06:49

Starting Soon:

Live Q&A Session with Cambridge Admissions Team   ||    Join Chat Room to Attend the Session

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Practice Round Over, Now the Big Dance! Profile Eval Please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 122 [0], given: 134

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Practice Round Over, Now the Big Dance! Profile Eval Please [#permalink] New post 28 May 2014, 14:24
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Thank you for taking the time to review my profile; I really appreciate it. Let me know what you think!

My profile:
  • Work Experience: 5.5 years at a Fortune 50 at Matriculation (Corporate finance in the Manufacturing industry)
  • GMAT: 710 (Q49 Q38) AWA 6.0, IR 7 (Will be retaking in a couple of months-hopefully will get a 740-750)
  • School: West Coast state school with regional recognition
  • Major: Accounting BS, Cum Laude
  • GPA: 3.7
  • Background: I received a full-ride scholarship to a regionally prominent state school, and now work for a major F50 manufacturing company. I am a graduate of their finance leadership rotation program, and have worked in multiple divisions and financial functions with international experience.
  • Extracurricular: I have been a national leader for 3 years with a non-profit dedicated to developing leadership skills in minorities and various other leadership roles in organizations inside and outside of work. I also regularly conduct leadership/teamwork workshops for non-profits and corporations, and I have been a very passionate mentor for over 20 young professionals and college students.
  • Leadership: I have had multiple leadership roles in my work environment and in my extracurricular activities. The largest team I have led was around 25 people. Unfortunately, I have never been a manager with my company (co-workers are very "experienced").
  • For Fun: Conceived and executed a leadership convention (raised $35,000 with 250 attendees), once shaved my head for charity (raised $2,500), and I have started a MBA applicant blog that is picking up a lot of attention (1,000 views in 10 days) (http://grantmeadmission.com)
  • Bonus: Applied to Tuck this year, was waitlisted and then transferred to the reduced waitlist. I am 99% sure that I will not get off the waitlist (rumor is they are over-enrolled)

My Career Goals:
  • Short Term: MBB Consulting focused on the manufacturing industry and/or tech
  • Long Term: To be the first Chinese American CEO of a Fortune 500

My School List:
  • Harvard
  • Wharton
  • MIT
  • Tuck
  • Duke
  • Yale

Latest Blog Posts (Updated August 19)*
- My Journey to 760 (Part 4) – Judgement Day
- How to Add 40 Points to Your GMAT

Check it out at http://grantmeadmission.com/

-------------------
Check out my GMAT guide: "How I got a 710 on my first try"
57 essay analyses available here: http://grantmeadmission.com/essay-analysis/

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes