Thank you for taking the time to review my profile; I really appreciate it. Let me know what you think!My profile:
My Career Goals:
- Work Experience: 5.5 years at a Fortune 50 at Matriculation (Corporate finance in the Manufacturing industry)
- Age: 28 at Matriculation
- GMAT: 710 (Q49 Q38) AWA 6.0, IR 7 (Will be retaking in a couple of months-hopefully will get a 740-750)
- School: West Coast state school with regional recognition
- Major: Accounting BS, Cum Laude
- GPA: 3.7
- Background: I received a full-ride scholarship to a regionally prominent state school, and now work for a major F50 manufacturing company. I am a graduate of their finance leadership rotation program, and have worked in multiple divisions and financial functions with international experience.
- Extracurricular: I have been a national leader for 3 years with a non-profit dedicated to developing leadership skills in minorities and various other leadership roles in organizations inside and outside of work. I also regularly conduct leadership/teamwork workshops for non-profits and corporations, and I have been a very passionate mentor for over 20 young professionals and college students.
- Leadership: I have had multiple leadership roles in my work environment and in my extracurricular activities. The largest team I have led was around 25 people. Unfortunately, I have never been a manager with my company (co-workers are very "experienced").
- For Fun: Conceived and executed a leadership convention (raised $35,000 with 250 attendees), once shaved my head for charity (raised $2,500), and I have started a MBA applicant blog that is picking up a lot of attention (1,000 views in 10 days) (http://grantmeadmission.com)
- Bonus: Applied to Tuck this year, was waitlisted and then transferred to the reduced waitlist. I am 99% sure that I will not get off the waitlist (rumor is they are over-enrolled)
My School List:
- Short Term: MBB Consulting focused on the manufacturing industry and/or tech
- Long Term: To be the first Chinese American CEO of a Fortune 500
Latest Blog Posts (Updated January 5)*
- GrantMeAdmission: The Results are In!
- TheEngineerMBA: My experience interviewing at HBS, and briefly visiting MIT
Check it out at http://grantmeadmission.com/
Interview Prep: "How to have a KILLER MBA Interview!"
57 essay analyses available here: http://grantmeadmission.com/essay-analysis/
Check out my GMAT guide: "How I got a 710 on my first try"