Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 09:00

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pre-business school math review books

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Pre-business school math review books [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2008, 13:03
does anyone have good suggestions? i don't want to do the math camp before orientation. i figure there have to be good books out there for this review.

thanks!

:| :arrow: :idea: :?: :wink: :roll: :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: 8-) :? :shock: :o :( :) :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1528 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Pre-business school math review books [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2008, 17:32
Take it from someone who sucks at math.... and is at the GSB no less... you really don't need to review. Enjoy your summer instead.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Pre-business school math review books [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2008, 00:22
at Haas, people are only taking the Math Camp to bond with others and hang out. Even the people who took it last year said it wasn't that useful and they should have taken the communications camp. And this is a school that asks you to list all your Calculus and above math courses and grades in the application. :)

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Pre-business school math review books [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2008, 17:22
I agree with the general sentiment (don't study now). The logic:

1) If the school thought you were not prepared enough to make it through the math camp,first, and the program, later, they would not have admitted you, or (see below):
2) If they thought you needed some extra prep, they would have informed you (I know some Sociology majors who got admitted contingent on their passing accounting and basic math undergrad courses).

Just chill. Unless you want to graduate in the top 1 - 5% of your class and need a head start. In that case I can't help you.

L.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Pre-business school math review books [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2008, 12:17
Quote:
2) If they thought you needed some extra prep, they would have informed you (I know some Sociology majors who got admitted contingent on their passing accounting and basic math undergrad courses).

As an Education major who was asked to take a calculus class as a condition of my acceptance, I can vouch for this! The only thing that I can recommend would be to maybe look at a couple of accounting books if you never done financial accounting. I actually took an accounting class (as an elective) in undergrad and I tell you what, it was one of the best decisions of my life. Finance and stats just use basic math, but for a lot of folks, accounting is so convoluted that it takes a while to wrap your brain around it.
Re: Pre-business school math review books   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2008, 12:17