Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 09:50

Today

Waiting for Decisions? Join us in the chat | All GMAT Club Tests are Free and Open

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pre-MBA camp

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Pre-MBA camp [#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 05:06
I know some companies offer an intensive week on site with them to expose you to their business. It is competitive admissions, but if selected it is all expenses paid (hotel, food and transportation). The two companies I have heard of doing this are Bain and Goldman. Does anyone have information on these programs?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 05:33
I believe Goldman holds the camp for under-represented minorities only(African-american, Hispanic, and native american). Applications are due by June 10th.
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 05:43
MoonShine wrote:
I believe Goldman holds the camp for under-represented minorities only(African-american, Hispanic, and native american). Applications are due by June 10th.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I am excluded from that group :(
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 142 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 07:16
How about Bain?
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 21:37
GMATT73 wrote:
How about Bain?

Seriously, if they offered anything like this I'd be all over it.
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 30 May 2007, 04:24
dukes wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
How about Bain?

Seriously, if they offered anything like this I'd be all over it.

I know they do, but it is something you have to go through your school for. The more I read and inquire the more I am starting to think they are all focused around minorities. But I am not sure. This web blog, a GSB (Stanford) student has written speaks about it. I have emailed him in the past and he is very good about getting back with answers. So, you could probably email him for info as well, he attended Bain's and Goldman's camps.

http://marquisweblog.blogspot.com/2004_ ... chive.html
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 30 May 2007, 08:26
Procter and Gamble Marketing Summer Program – This six-day program is specifically designed for MBA minority candidates entering their first year of business school who desire a career in Marketing or General Management. Here you will have the opportunity to preview key roles within Marketing at P&G and experience the real-life projects and situations you could be handling upon completion of your MBA. In 2006, Rice University had students participating in this program.

The 2007 Procter & Gamble Marketing MBA Summer Camp Program is designed for MBA candidates entering their first year of study (graduating in 2009) who desire a career in Marketing. The camp will be held at P&G’s Global Headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio on July 29-August 3, 2007 (all travel and accommodation expenses will be paid by P&G). You will have the opportunity to: Get a total perspective of the Marketing career opportunities at P&G; and, interview for a summer 2008 Internship position in Marketing at P&G. APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2007

http://www.pg.com/jobs/jobs_us/cac/f_cm ... WAVABHO3MK

Goldman Sachs MBA Camp – Goldman Sachs Camp offers incoming minority MBAs an opportunity to explore the investment banking industry and become familiar with the firm's business, history and culture. The two and a half day program features divisional overviews, case studies, career workshops, and social interaction with Goldman Sachs line and recruiting professionals.

Each year Goldman Sachs hosts numerous programs for candidates at varying stages of their academic career. Through tailor-made, interactive programs, participants are exposed to the breadth and depth of opportunities available at Goldman Sachs and the diversity of individuals and cultures that thrive in our dynamic and exciting work environment. This year’s camp will be held July 5-6, 2007 in New York City.

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/careers/ab ... -_2007.pdf
MBA Forum for Women-Financial Services (NYC) - Are you entering business school in 2007? Do you have an interest in learning about career opportunities within the financial services industry? Do you want to get a head start on strategies that will help you manage the challenges of business school while also preparing to launch a career in the financial services arena?

You are invited to attend the 2007 MBA Forum for Women-Financial Services hosted by the Stern School in New York City. The 2007 MBA Forum for Women-Financial Services will offer a unique opportunity for women from across the country to gain an intimate introduction and exposure to the world of financial services. This event will bring together women enrolling in the nation’s top business schools, leaders from the financial services sector and experts from several non-profit organizations for a candid conversation around how women can think about launching and developing a successful career in the financial services arena.

Presented by: CDG Perspectives
Date: June 20-22, 2007

http://www.mba-women.com/index.php?m=200702

That is what I received from the career center. They said they will send me more information on other companies in my packet on June 15th. I will make sure to pass it on.
  [#permalink] 30 May 2007, 08:26