Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Preliminary Profile Evaluation 710, 3.4 Health Insurance [#permalink]
Kudos
mberg5 wrote:
Thanks for not feeding me BS, greatly appreciated and saves me time that I’d rather not be spending doing things I don’t want to do anyway. I’ll just keep going with my current profile. The schools I think I’ll apply to include:

Kellogg, Booth, Tuck, Stern, Yale, Cornell, Tepper, and part time Carlson and part time MHA at the UofM.

Schools are a little higher up the list then you recommended, but I’m hoping I’ll be a shoe in to the part time programs listed which will counter that. I’d appreciate the same candid non BS assessment on this idea. If you’re thinking I’m shooting too high with the Chi town schools tell me and I can replace them.

Kellogg, Booth, Tuck are going to be real tough, but as you said you have a good range of schools -- and as long as you'd be happy to go to any of them, by all means shoot for Kellogg/Booth/Tuck as well (they're not impossible, but they're going to be big stretches).

Since you have time, what you can do this year if you have time is to visit some of the schools later this fall when class is in session. It'll really help demystify b-school when you're on campus surrounded by current students (and in a way help you with your essays since it'll give you some real experience to draw from when you talk about why the school is a great fit for you).
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mberg5,
You are probably top 15-25 quality at the moment IMO. I would spend the next year ramping up on all opportunities for leadership impact.

--Paul Bodine, Great Applications for Business School, www.paulsbodine.com/testimonials
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kellogg, Booth, Tuck are going to be real tough, but as you said you have a good range of schools -- and as long as you'd be happy to go to any of them, by all means shoot for Kellogg/Booth/Tuck as well (they're not impossible, but they're going to be big stretches).

Since you have time, what you can do this year if you have time is to visit some of the schools later this fall when class is in session. It'll really help demystify b-school when you're on campus surrounded by current students (and in a way help you with your essays since it'll give you some real experience to draw from when you talk about why the school is a great fit for you).[/quote]

I think in the end I would be happy to go to any of the schools listed. I currently have a job that I like and would only leave under certain circumstances. My company would pay half the cost for me to go part time to Carlson, so for it to make sense to leave I'd have to get into a substantially better school. I think you're right about visiting the b schools I'm interested in, I shouldn't be making a decision based off name recognition, but off of my future career prospects and what makes sense for me. Thanks for the help, it is very much appreciated and I'd give another kudos if I could.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Rather than pick random community service you can at least pursue a leadership experience within Toastmasters and within your job.

Your school selection is good but you should definitely add Duke Fuqua given its tremendous healthcare focus. I think you are competitive for top 8-15 assuming you continue to grow and develop.

If you are applying to part-time schools and in Minnesota (presumably with Carlson) you might also consider better part-time programs in that region like Kellogg part-time, Chicago Booth part-time and Ross part-time, especially Kellogg given the school’s strength in healthcare.

Good luck,

Michael Cohan
President
MBAPrepAdvantage
305-604-8178

MBAPrepAdvantage offers a free initial assessment to gauge your MBA admissions chances and the strength of your candidacy. Email us a brief description of your goals along with your target schools, resume, GPA, and GMAT score.
GMAT Club Bot