Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:09 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
It sounds like you're doing all the right things. Keep at it with the intense verbal prep, and see how you're doing over the next few weeks. If you don't increase your practice scores, then I would suggest maybe a tutor. I would do PR over Kaplan though because they're so much stronger on verbal.

Good luck...keep us posted. You're on the right track.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Do you think it could be a problem if my verbal is weak? I mean, I always score higher on the quant section. People says that the verbal section weigh more when it comes to scoring on the gmat. I dont know if that is true.

Also, many people says that I should take numerous of practice test to build stamina. What do you think I should do?

Here are the practice tests that I owned, what do you recommend? should I take all of it, or are these particular ones that I should focus on:

gmatprep1
gmatprep2
powerprep1
powerprep2
Kaplan CD 4 tests
Kaplan 2005 book's paper test
PR 2005 book's paper test and question bins 1-4
Manhattan GMAT software (timed and untimed test)
Manhattan GMAT online access practice exams 1-3
Manhattan GMAT Question banks for all the books
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Don't do paper tests...you need to do CATs. I don't recall my PR book having any paper tests...there were a lot of practice questions in the book, but I'm pretty sure they only have the computer tests. What book are you using?

I would do PR instead of Kaplan if you're trying to focus on verbal, because PR's verbal questions are MUCH more realistic. They're supposed to be good for math prep (I did not buy them myself), but I would put them last on my list or not at all since verbal is where you're struggling.

I have never heard that verbal is weighted more and would expect them to be weighted equally. Don't worry about this -- just build up your stamina (yes, a lot of timed testing can help there) and be sure you're getting the fundamentals down. I would do practice questions on week days, honing in on one question type a night (easier to master each type when you're focused on just that), and a practice test or two on weekends. Carefully analyze right and wrong answers, and you'll see the patterns of what they're looking for.

Hope that helps...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
What do you recommend if I want to improve my quant as well? Have you used the Kaplan Math Workbook? I purchased it, but never got around to using it. But I kept on hearing bad things about Kaplan, so I am not sure if I should even waste my time doing on it. Should I use PR and Manhattan GMAT for Quant then?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]