Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Prep Material for the average score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Prep Material for the average score [#permalink] New post 09 May 2006, 10:18
Hello everybody!

Recently I made a list of all the books mentioned in this forum. And it's a lot. First of all I don't want to break a bank, and secondly, I don't need a perfect GMAT score because I have no ambitions to go to top business school. So can anybody please recommend a must list for the average GMAT test taker?

So far I have only looked at PR 2006, and plan to purchase OG 11th edition. But do I really need Kaplan 800? Kaplan GMAT 2006, Manhattan guides???? I feel comfortable with verbal part, need to brush up math a little bit though.... Please help, because I am so confused...

THANKS!!!

Last edited by Renax on 09 May 2006, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Books [#permalink] New post 09 May 2006, 10:25
I would say that Princeton is the best for an "average" scorer. I have studied the Princeton matierials and would guestimate that they would be good for anyone looking to score up to 700. I doubt you would break the 700 threshold with just it though. The Princeton practice tests seem to do a reasonably good job of estimating your actual score too. I would recommend that you also take a look at the Kaplan book as well though, because in the back of the Kaplan book, there is a great summary of all basic math topics. I would steer clear of the Manhattan GMAT books if you don't need a superior score or have the time to put into studying them. They are pretty advanced. Wish you the best!
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 May 2006, 19:33
Just get OC 11 and practice from there, that should get you an average score.
  [#permalink] 20 May 2006, 19:33