Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:28 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 429 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 429 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Re: Preparation for 600+ Score [#permalink]
Expert Reply
maxgermany wrote:
hi kevin,
can u recommend any time management strategies? i think i need to get a feeling for which questions to skip.
i often see a hard question and try solving it, which takes me too much time and at the end often ends up with a wrong answer as well.

Glad that I was able to help a little. It is great that you are tackling the practice tests and working on your timing. I recommend looking at that link I sent to you about pacing. That will give a general idea of how to pace yourself. I would also recommend reading this article, which gives a great explanation of when to skip questions: https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... ions-myth/

Ultimately, if you encounter a hard problem and you know in the first 30 seconds that you won't be able to solve it, skip the question. You need to have time at the end and give yourself a chance to answer all the questions at the end of the section. So it is better to skip one you know you won't be able to solve and save that time for questions you have a better chance of getting correct. Further, if you have spent 2+ minutes on a question you need to move on. At a certain point you have to cut your loses. The extra time you spent is only going to hurt you at the end, and if you were going to get it wrong, you might as well have spent less time on the question. So be ready to skip a question if you find yourself stuck and lost. You need to have time at the end so that you are not guessing on the last 5 - 10 questions.

I hope this helps. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
You can take GRE courses at Kapln or Manhttan GMAT. Also read and do all problems in the GMAT official guides books to get 700+...!
GMAT Club Bot