Dear Slywork,General Strategy
: I would recommend that you review the sources that you have been practicing. In addition, you purchase the additional question bank from GMAC ($25). You can make this purchase from the GMATPrep software. I do believe that you have the right fundamentals and that your scoring is impacted more by your headache than by your ability.Timing and other Strategies
: Attend this Strategy Session
. The next session is this weekend. In this session we talk about timing strategies, define metrics that you should track both during and after the mocks.Specific Sections
Reading Comprehension: Are you following the reading strategies as outlined in the e-GMAT
course and have you practiced all the passages from there. I believe that there is a problem with comprehension. Make sure that you have practiced reading the e-GMAT
passages and OG questions using the reading strategies.
Sentence Correction: We have over 100 meaning based questions. Have you completed the UGE and the meaning based "in depth" series. Again, have you been following eGMAT
's 3 step process.
A 4 point improvement is very much possible.
1. General strategy. I have already purchased and solve all the question for Q pack 1, it is too easy and don't look like real exam question. That disappointed me, cause i hoped that this is fresh stuff from GMAC is should be as close to real exam as possible, but SC questions there are totally obsolete. The real question is different - answer choice always differently worded from original A-choice, meaning emphasis 2-3 grammatically correct answer with different meaning.
2. SC. I found E-gmat
extremely useful. Especially Significance of Meaning. Done all levels + In-Depth level. Here my results
Sentence Correction Diagnostic Test - 90
Preview Application File - 100
Level 1 Exercise - Level 1 Qualifying Exercise - 80
Level 2 Exercise - Level 2 Qualifying Exercise - 77
Level 3 Exercise - Leve 3 Qualifying Exercise - 90
Change Meaning - Application File 1 - 88
Change Meaning - Application File 2 - 89
But few negative comments abou E-Gmat
- All topics are too narrow and omit crucial information, thus I needed extensive support form some grammar book for each topic.
- Practice files are too theoretical, the link with material is strong, but for practicing your need more real questions
- Meaning part is the best among all i have ever seen, but this is definitely not enough. You approach of 5 way how GMAC can distort meaning is good, but it looks like in the real exam GMAC use much more than 5 ways. You strategy good for solving meaning question form SC_1000 or OG but to narrow for real exam.
But in real exam what i have noticed
- Different wording of all answer choices - there is no more 2-3 split
- no more easy to spot errors like between-among, like-as, subject-verb agreements that make you POE fast
- To much playing with preposition, especially in short questions
- Dirty tricks to distract your attention form real mistake
- up 2-3 grammatically correct version all with different meaning
- unclear situations - how to understand what to do - change ridicules, on your opinion, original meaning or stick to original meaning
Just have finished the theory part in E-gmat
. Starting Application files. Will try to improve my timing using your strategy.
Tanks. Try to visit this session