Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 17:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

The Start of my Journey to an 800 GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Re: The Start of my Journey to an 800 GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 08:50
souvik101990 wrote:
moneymango wrote:
Well, I "failed". Super disappointed.

730 (50Q 38V)

I felt amazing too, breezed through the Quant section and thought I could have potentially gotten every answer correct. Verbal was a bit tougher, 6-7 out of the first 10 questions were sentence correction (my weakness), 3 of which I was unsure of. I assume that my Verbal was tanked by the first 10 questions, because I was 100% confident in every single RC and CR question (and was hitting 100% on these for the previous week). Even with a couple rough SC questions, I felt really good about my chances of being in the 750-780 range.

Ugh, I dont know whether I should retake or not. 730 is below the median for 2+2 and just average at GSB. I really wanted that 760+ to help stand out.

DUDE
You crazy?
Do you even see the discipline with which you have studied for the GMAT?
IT WOULD BE CRAZINESS TO RETAKE.
two reasons:
1. 730 is absolutely NOT below median. Maybe for 2+2 programs but it will not be a differentiator. For example the scenario in which the adcoms have 2 exactly similar profiles and they have no choice but to eliminate on the basis of the GMAT ---- THIS IS RIDICULOUS.
2. Your score is pretty balanced. V38 is a damn well score and people can kill for a 730.

If you try harder and get a 760-FINE! But do you really want a GMAT score to be the strongest part of yopur application? NO. You dont. Focus on cooler stuffs in your profile and you will be fine. If you do not get an admit, trust me it will NOT be because you were 30 points short!

Maybe I am a little crazy :-D Either way, I guess youre right.

If anyone could take a look at my application profile at the moment, and give me some tips/advice it would be greatly appreciated.
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2-2-gsb-profile-evaluation-146733.html
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Re: The Start of my Journey to an 800 GMAT   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2013, 08:50