Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 17:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Presenting profile to assess chances for an evening MBA prog

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT Date: 06-29-2013
GPA: 3.54
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Presenting profile to assess chances for an evening MBA prog [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 17:56
Undergraduate education: Bachelors in Electrical Engineering from India GPA Not available
Graduate Education: MS in Electrical Engineering Auburn University, Auburn GPA 3.24
Work experience: 9 years

GMAT: Not yet appeared for

Worked with an avionics start up located in Auburn,AL from 2004 till 2012 in multiple roles; lead system safety engineer, lead software engineer, system engineer to name a few. Contributed immensely to product development of DO178-B Level A certified products. Can get a reference letter from the President of that company as a testimony of my leadership role and efforts in shaping the company product line.

This year about a month ago moved to Rockwell Collins as a Senior Software Engineer. The intention was to target a B school within a 200 miles radius. Auburn,AL gave me access to Auburn University MBA and of course couple more schools in Atlanta...Emory and GA Tech.

My plan presents me with options that include Georgetown, Smith, Villanova and of course Darden.

Leadership Initiatives:
Coached little league soccer team, coached USTA kids tennis team
During my high school, completed National Cadet Corps training in India (the program is modeled along the Indian National Defense Forces training regimen)

Business Experience:
Tried to salvage my family owned small business in India after my Dad passed away when I was 17. Can get a recommendation letter to that effect from the former Secretary of Defense, India.

Sales pitch: Diversify my skill set, broaden my horizon and of course avoid the proverbial glass ceiling which engineers face

Need assessment of my chances or any helpful comments.....
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Presenting profile to assess chances for an evening MBA prog   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2013, 17:56