Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 08:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
8 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 206 [8] , given: 129

Premium Member
Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2013, 10:13
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I'm done with GMATs, and now the plan is to apply for Round 2 to various schools.

I'm going to start shopping around for a consultant, but there are so many and so hard to choose! From what I've seen, reviews tend to not be helpful as everyone gets a 5/5 rating.

And, cost to me is always a factor. I'm not made of $$ :( I haven't found any place to quickly look up all my options and find price comparisons; so, I've made a googledoc spreadsheet that lists prices and their websites.

I hope others will find this useful as well for a quick price comparison and look up for their consultant shopping.

Let me know if I'm missing any companies, and I'll add them when I can.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Last edited by farful on 13 Nov 2013, 04:11, edited 2 times in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 206 [1] , given: 129

Premium Member
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 07:14
This post received
KUDOS
Some thoughts after going through a couple (okok, more than a couple) "free 30 minute consultation"

I love it when you send me a personalized email, as opposed to an automatically generated email. That said, please don't misspell my name!

I like it when you go slightly above 30 minutes, or at least make it sound like time isn't a constraint giving me personalized attention. I don't like it when you show up a few minutes late and need to leave right on the dot at 1:30.

No, I don't want to have a 30-minute free conversation from a 23 year old fresh graduate from a tier-4 college and have him give me a profile review and decide who might be the right consultant for me, especially when most other companies provide actual consultants, who are MBA grads, to do the free consultation.

I'm a little confused as to why you allow me to hand-pick your consultant (from dozens!) to have a free consultation with, but they're not available for hire.

Feedback is inconsistent. It's hard to tell who's giving me a realistic picture of where I stand. I have consultants who directly contradict each other, both about my profile and determining which schools I have a good shot at, making the task of choosing a consultant quite difficult.

BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 141

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 07:30
Just out of curiosity, what is your reasoning behind "needing" a consultant? You must have given this a lot of thought, especially because of your budget.

Latest Blog Posts (Updated October 22)*
- How to have a KILLER MBA Interview!
- MBA Interview Prep and Tips

Check it out at http://grantmeadmission.com/

-------------------
Check out my GMAT guide: "How I got a 710 on my first try"
57 essay analyses available here: http://grantmeadmission.com/essay-analysis/

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 9

Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 08:11
Hi Farful!

Thanks for putting together this list. I operate a boutique MBA admissions consulting business, MBA Admissions Coach (http://MBAAdmissionsCoach.com) and I'd like to be added to your list.

My hourly rate is $250 per hour, and I charge the following for my comprehensive packages: 1 School Package: $3,700, 2 School Package: $4,900, 3 School Package: $6,100, 4 School Package: $7,300, 5 School Package: $8,500.

Although I work hourly and on comprehensive school packages, most of my clients find that purchasing packages for specific services - resume update, essays for one school, etc., works out the best for them.

I started my business this past summer after serving as the Director of MBA Admissions for 15 years. Despite leaving my formal admissions role, I found that I really missed working directly with MBA applicants. So now, I get to continue doing the things that I love. All of my clients work directly with me.

Best wishes to all of the applicants out there!

Wendy

Wendy

Wendy Flynn
15 Years as Director of MBA Admissions - Now Working For the Applicants as the MBA Admissions Coach
Wendy Flynn is the MBA Admissions Coach, providing comprehensive MBA admissions consulting services. As the former Director of MBA Admissions for 15 years at a top-30 MBA pgoram, Wendy holds deep expertise in admissions issues for Full-Time, Executive and Professional (Part-Time) MBA Programs. Through her blog, MBA Expert Insights, she brings the view of the Director of MBA admissions to MBA applicants and others.

WendyLFlynn89@gmail.com
Web: http://MBAAdmissionsCoach.com
MBA Expert Insights Blog: http://www.mbaadmissionscoach.com/blog/
Facebook: http://Facebook.com/MBAAdmissionsCoach
Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/WendyLFlynn
Member of the AIGAC, Association of International Graduate Admissions Counselors

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 206 [0], given: 129

Premium Member
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 10:56
gbrooks6687 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what is your reasoning behind "needing" a consultant? You must have given this a lot of thought, especially because of your budget.

Hi there, we've actually talked before (though you may not remember). You were extremely helpful and gave me a great start (and resources) to my research on business schools. So I thank you for that :)

I'll keep my response short. I've recently decided to pursue an MBA. The biggest reason why I feel I need a consultant is because I don't know anything about business schools nor do I know anyone personally who is in or went through business school. I need someone knowledgeable to help guild me through this process. Furthermore, I will be a one-time applicant. I have my age working against me, but more importantly, I have family considerations. This summer will be the only chance I have to move without impacting my family a great deal.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9417 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 15:22
Expert's post
P.S. Published a copy of your spreadsheet (it is a copy only so it is not tied to yours/changes you make will not be reflected).
You can, however get yours up there if you go to File > Publish in the Google docs and then paste the KEY value in the post.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 20:42
I'm not clear what your criteria is to include a company on your spreadsheet, but as you mention there are tons of admissions consultancies out there. I, myself, have a list of close to 85 consultants from my own research when I was looking for a consultant (note this is just a list of names, and does not have anything about pricing).
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9417 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 22:06
Expert's post
Ward2012 wrote:
I'm not clear what your criteria is to include a company on your spreadsheet, but as you mention there are tons of admissions consultancies out there. I, myself, have a list of close to 85 consultants from my own research when I was looking for a consultant (note this is just a list of names, and does not have anything about pricing).

Wow. Impressive research and probably quite a bit of decision making went into that... do you care to share who you picked?
Or at least what was the deciding factor?
Thanks!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 560 [0], given: 30

Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 03:31
Expert's post
Looking goooood. Would you mind including a link to our free consultation in your next version?

http://admissionado.com/mba/free-consultation/

Thanks dude!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 206 [0], given: 129

Premium Member
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 04:14
Ward2012 wrote:

I don't really have a criteria - I just went ahead and compiled a list of consultants that I found here on gmatclub.
If you want to give me names of others, I'm sure I'll be able to find them via google and will add their information to the spreadsheet.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 27

CAT Tests
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 12:44
Hi Farful,
I suggest column 2 be moved towards last column. Doing so will make the price comparison easier. As of now we cannot see the name of the company and the prices together.
Thanks,
dRebellion!
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 135 [1] , given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 11:46
This post received
KUDOS
farful wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:

I don't really have a criteria - I just went ahead and compiled a list of consultants that I found here on gmatclub.
If you want to give me names of others, I'm sure I'll be able to find them via google and will add their information to the spreadsheet.

Attached is my list. Please note that this list was compiled in Fall 2012, and I have not updated it with new consultancies that I have come across since then. Also I don't have any admissions consultants based in India on this list, and also some may not be in business anymore.
Attachments

Admissions Consultants.xlsx [10.37 KiB]
Downloaded 119 times

To download please login or register as a user

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 1

Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2014, 08:34
Expert's post
Hey Farful,

This is a great list - thanks for pulling it together! Could you add a link to our free consultation form for folks who are interested in chatting with us? Thanks!

https://criticalsquare.com/contact-us/f ... sultation/

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let me know!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2014, 11:00
Fortuna Admissions, as we are fairly new, isn't on this list either but for our services and prices, you can check us out here: http://fortunaadmissions.com/services/

What makes Fortuna unique though is that our entire team is made up of former Admissions Directors from the top b-schools in the US and Europe so we've been on the 'other side'. Another plus is that if you sign up for a full school package, you get to work with 2 consultants/expert coaches as opposed to 1.

We also understand that cost can be a factor for many so we are willing to set up a price/package that works best for you. Give us a call anytime (or email).

All the best,

-Melissa and the Fortuna Admissions Team

Melissa Jones | Fortuna Admissions - a dream team of former Admissions Directors from the world's top business schools

Interested in a free 30-minute admissions consultation? Sign up on our website www.fortunadmissions.com.

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 0

Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 06 May 2014, 23:28
Expert's post
Farful, thanks for this valuable research.
We'd like to add that our prices above are not final. Each Aringo client is considered for a discount from the Lese fund, and there is also a discount through GMAT Club!
Feel free to contact us to learn more about our services and discounts.
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 104 [1] , given: 116

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 29 May 2014, 22:29
This post received
KUDOS
I just can't afford it :(. Thank you for preparing a list which help students like me motivate us further to work on our own. :)

Cheers
Farhan

My Blog - Gladly Making an attempt today

INSEAD SEPT 2015 Intake Thread

2015 PROFILES W/ ADMIT/DINGS RESULTS!!

BSchool Forum Moderator
Affiliations: GMATClub ...
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 418

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2014, 22:26
From my experience I can tell that these prices tend to be indicative. The consulting company might customize the package to suit your needs or they just might get convinced that you deserve to pay less. I used Aringo's services once, to get an independent opinion about one of my applications just before I hit the submit button. It was cool experience - prompt and to the point responses.
So I'd recommend to go ahead and talk to the consultants about your needs and affordability, worst case scenario - you'll hone your negotiation skills. :)

Was I helpful? Shower some kudos... :) Feeling sick with all that boring education or the stressful applications.?! Follow me I'll throw you some stressbusters.. ;)

LBS Research made easy - Check it out.
Check out for quick info about Tuck - Why Tuck? EA Round Pros & Cons. Admission Process and Tips.

Bored of all the GMAT and MBA stuff? Check this page out - Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA - it might give you something to laugh on or may be to be hopeful about... :)

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

Be a sport. Update your profile here.

"GMAT conquered. Let's talk about applications..."
Persistence is the key. And I'm gonna make through...

Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2014, 22:26