Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

Is Rankingsgod an idiot?

You may select 1 option
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That was hillarious!

Rhyme, did you write that? too good for him to defend.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I gave up arguing with this dude. I tried to reason him but... it's like talking to a wall...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
abhishek.sardana wrote:
That was hillarious!

Yea, but he tried anyway.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
It seems there's been one vote in his favor so I suppose he's been here :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
abhishek.sardana wrote:
That was hillarious!

Yea, but he tried anyway.

The curent rankinggod guy is equally stupid but persistent. Claims he has interviewed with HBS this year. Right.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme,
You are probably one of those rare persons who can chide someone with so much severity without using a single expletive and in a very gentlemanly manner....if I had to be in ur shoes I would have started the first sentence with a choices of expletives that even the filthiest street rapper would not mouth....

kudos man...for handling this hoodlum in such a smooth way.. u are a pimp of words..

but to the point.,. there are so many people like this fellow who claim to know everything, yet know nothing and then still try to defend their claims.. nothing that stop them from burying their heads deeper in their asses..bt hey whadda you know..

as nervous said. arguing with a wall is not a win win situation..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Priceless idiocy from Rankingsgod22 on BW (on Yale SOM) [#permalink]
EX10XL wrote:
Check out this fun thread on Yale SOM. :)

https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=73458

The obvious stupidity from this guy makes me suspect it is intentional comedy because he can't hold an argument for more than 5 minutes. He has been eating his own logic and replying with more whimsy than sense.

But apart from that there are some really good posts on that thread so it's fully worth the long read that it has become. Especially from a current Yale student and some recruiter.

Btw, 5 votes in an idiot's favor is 4 too many. I'm not surprised that there is no shortage of idiots in our world.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
ep wrote:
Btw, 5 votes in an idiot's favor is 4 too many. I'm not surprised that there is no shortage of idiots in our world.

Or the guy just created multiple users :) He seems to have enough time for even that...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
ep wrote:

No doubt about it, there are enough idiots like rankingsgod who just can't stand opposite point of views :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
The funny thing is... most people don't realize this but... rankingsgod has been there since at least mid 2006 (his account names keep incrementing as presumably he keeps getting banned)... spouting his nonsense.. back then he was cutting and pasting his own special rankings again and again and again - which basically was just all the other rankings averaged and weighted in some way.

There was one guy last year that was even dumber, but I can't remember his name.

edit: Found it... he was rockman. I remember laying into him one day, after which the world jumped on board and he got banned shortly thereafter I believe.

Quote:
Good lord. I came into this thread thinking, "I wonder how people view Oxford." as I clicked on the link coming in I thought "I wonder if rockman's got the chutzpa to talk about Oxford as if he knows everything about it." Whadda ya know, boom - instant hijacked thread with more of your asinine rhetoric.

The problem Rockman, is that you rant about things with the authority and assuredness of someone who has graduated from every school in the world, majored in every subject, and worked in every industry for 20 years. You don't limit yourself to areas you might know something about - you freely inflict your ill informed thoughts on everything and anything - every school, on every subject, in any industry, on any job. You are not such an expert, and pretending to be does a disservice to people on this site. It would be offensive enough if all you did was talk out your ass but you go beyond that and even mask your ill informed opinions as fact. Instead of saying: "Well, I don't really know because I haven't researched it or been there, but I spoke to a few people who said...." - you just come in spout crap and then defend it with half-baked statements re-iterating the same points again but offering nothing new.

You aren't helping people on this site when you do this - you are hurting them. These are people who are looking for real, solid advice from individuals who might be able to say something of consequence – which usually excludes applicants - and certainly not applicants who freely admit they haven't researched the school! What the poster needs is insight from current or past Oxford students, not baseless off the hip comments based on nothing but biased and unfounded opinion. I don't know if Oxford is a good school, my gut tells me a top 15 in the US might be a better choice depending what he wants to do, but I at least have sufficient introspection to realize this - and if I offer an opinion, I make it clear that’s what it is, and that I could be wrong. You, on the other hand, step onto a soapbox and let fly. Your claim you are just trying to bring a "balanced" perspective is just pathetic. Your perspective is anything but balanced. I don't even what to say about it, it's so clearly not a balanced viewpoint.

What's even more insulting is that you argue with current students and alumni at schools - as if your research (or in some cases, even the lack thereof) has somehow made you more of an expert than they are. You do it on any subject, it doesn't matter what it is, and you do it with such self appointed expertise it’s downright insulting. Columbia PE? Can't be says rockman! Oxford? Crap school says He. I am astounded and appalled by what is either unbelievable arrogance on your part or the most incredible stupidity I can fathom. I know you won’t change your ways – your supremely inflexible attitude makes that clear – but maybe you’ll think about it one day.

The simple truth of the matter is that you have no more knowledge about most of these schools than the vast majority of people on this forum, and you certainly don’t have more knowledge than the students you so quickly dismiss again and again. The arrogant ill-informed opinions you try to spin as fact don’t make you look smart and they most assuredly do not help the other candidates on this site.

Rhyme, I remember this post of yours very well…..by the way, rockman and rankinggod are the same person…I have been following BW threads since Dec 2005……guess what, rockman claimed an admission to HBS for class of 2009 but then he got banned at BW…he reemerged with several IDs but then persisted with rankinggod and now he has come up with a new story of HBS interview.,…
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't think the guy's necessarily an idiot (although I did vote that way! :P), but he certainly lacks class and nuance.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]