Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 09:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
5 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 52 [5] , given: 7

Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2009, 06:03
This post received
KUDOS
Hello everyone,

I'm currently preparing for the GMAT. I have the OG and its supplements and the Manhattan GMAT Verbal Books. I would like to work on the tougher - 700+ level - Questions. My query is whether the Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions book comes with a lot of hard questions. If you do recommend this one, would it be necessary to purchase the KAPLAN Advanced book as well?

Thanks in Advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2009, 18:00
I'm bumping this one up because I'm pondering the same question.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9398 [1] , given: 3696

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2009, 23:10
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Praveen800 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm currently preparing for the GMAT. I have the OG and its supplements and the Manhattan GMAT Verbal Books. I would like to work on the tougher - 700+ level - Questions. My query is whether the Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions book comes with a lot of hard questions. If you do recommend this one, would it be necessary to purchase the KAPLAN Advanced book as well?

Thanks in Advance.

See my review here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/037542 ... 0375429271

I would say it has great coverage of some strong areas but 80% of questions are 600 and below level.
Kaplan Advanced is probably mostly 650 level questions with some 700 level ones. (see my review of this book here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141955 ... 1419552554

both books are quite cheap, so I would not hesitate.
Advantage of PR 1012 is that it has all questions split up by topic.
Kaplan Advanced has generally harder questions.

However, both books lack in quality of Verbal questions.

Let me know if any other questions. I own both of these.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 52 [4] , given: 7

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2009, 00:24
This post received
KUDOS
BB, thanks a lot for the reply. So would you advice me to buy both of them, since they are not too pricey? I don't think they are expensive and wouldn't mind buying both of them if they would be good practice material.

Also, I've purchased the Manhattan SC and CR books and would like to know if the Manhattan RC book is useful. I find it hard with some of the RC passages and would like a book dedicated to RC. BB, do you own that book? If you do, did you find it useful?

Sorry about asking too many questions. Kindly answer them. Thanks.
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 37

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2009, 05:44
thanks for the explanation :-D

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9398 [1] , given: 3696

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2009, 08:25
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Praveen800 wrote:
BB, thanks a lot for the reply. So would you advice me to buy both of them, since they are not too pricey? I don't think they are expensive and wouldn't mind buying both of them if they would be good practice material.

Also, I've purchased the Manhattan SC and CR books and would like to know if the Manhattan RC book is useful. I find it hard with some of the RC passages and would like a book dedicated to RC. BB, do you own that book? If you do, did you find it useful?

Sorry about asking too many questions. Kindly answer them. Thanks.

I do own the RC book. It is fine. If you have Kaplan Verbal Workbook, it may not be revolutionary - has pretty much the same strategy but in a more detailed format. RC is not as easy to master as learning some rules - takes a lot of practice. See my post on GMAT Fiction.

Also, make sure you follow the RC strategies exactly - meaning exactly as either MGMAT or Kaplan outline them.

As to buying books - get them only if you need them. I tend to err on the safe side and get more than I need. You can return them if you don't end up using the books.
Keep in mind that it is a better time investment to review fundamentals and basics than working through hundreds of gmat questions.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 52 [3] , given: 7

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2009, 10:14
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks a lot for the explanation, mate.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2009, 09:58
which book provides 700 level verbal questions? I'm looking to practice challenging verbal questions that are reflective of the 700+ level verbal questions on the GMAT.

I've gone through OG11, which was excellent. Is OG12 worth the time investment if I've went through OG11?

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2009, 16:19
After working with PR1012 a little bit , I found that the problems of it were not at a level of 700+. So I just switched to OG12 directly. For SC, Powerscore Bible is much better than Manhattan because the former tells you more detailed grammars and more strategies. For RC, again , powerscore's LSAT reading bible stands out. Directed by the two bibles, I am now working with OG12, which is better than OG11 because the former shows you problems that are closer to the current exam. After finishing those, I will train my pacing through GMATPrep.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9398 [0], given: 3696

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2009, 18:04
Expert's post
ThrillRide wrote:
which book provides 700 level verbal questions? I'm looking to practice challenging verbal questions that are reflective of the 700+ level verbal questions on the GMAT.

I've gone through OG11, which was excellent. Is OG12 worth the time investment if I've went through OG11?

Thanks

No. the-official-guide-for-gmat-12-merged-76806.html

It is very hard to find 700-level verbal questions. The best source may be the last few pages of the Official Guide or Verbal OG.
If you really need strong questions, you can also get LSAT CR or LSAT RC - those are not GMAT books and are usually not necessary unless you are hardcore about it.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 08:13
DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK, UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR FRUSTRATION OR GOOD KINDLING. THE BOOK IS RIPE WITH ERRORS. THE FACT THAT A COMPANY PUT THEIR NAME ON THIS BOOK MEANS THAT YOU SHOULD BOYCOTT THIS COMPANY AS IT DOES NOT CARE ENOUGH TO PROPERLY EDIT AND PERUSE THROUGH ITS BOOKS TO ENSURE THEIR ACCURACY.

YOU CANT EVEN TRUST THE ANSWER KEYS TO BE CORRECT, NOT TO MENTION THE PLETHORA OF ERRORS EITHER INSIDE THE QUESTION STEMS RENDERING MANY QUESTIONS UNSOLVEABLE. THERE ARE QUESTIONS THAT SHOULD NEVER BE GMAT QUESTIONS IN THIS BOOK. DATA SUFFICIENCY QUESTIONS THAT PROVIDE CONFLICTING INFORMATION SUCH THAT THERE IS NO SOLUTION, BUT IN THEORY THE ANSWER IS NOT AN E BECAUSE THERE IS SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO ANSWER THE QUESTION, ITS JUST THAT THE INFORMATION CONFLICTS SUCH THAT NO SOLUTION WOULD BE POSSIBLE.

IN SHORT, THIS BOOK SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE MARKET TODAY AND ALL THOSE WHO PURCHASED AND USED IT SHOULD BE REFUNDED AT AN EXPONENTIALLY HIGHER PRICE. ALAS, THE WORLD ISN'T PERFECT, SO AS SOMEONE WHO IS NOW GOING TO USE THE BOOK FOR KINDLING, I THOUGHT I'D WRITE A REVIEW SO OTHERS DON'T WASTE THEIR TIME, MONEY AND PATIENCE.

I REPEAT, ON PAIN OF DEATH DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK, TRUST ME, THE AMOUNT OF ERRORS IT CONTAINS IS INSULTING.
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 46

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 09:02
ecade wrote:
DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK, UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR FRUSTRATION OR GOOD KINDLING. THE BOOK IS RIPE WITH ERRORS. THE FACT THAT A COMPANY PUT THEIR NAME ON THIS BOOK MEANS THAT YOU SHOULD BOYCOTT THIS COMPANY AS IT DOES NOT CARE ENOUGH TO PROPERLY EDIT AND PERUSE THROUGH ITS BOOKS TO ENSURE THEIR ACCURACY.

YOU CANT EVEN TRUST THE ANSWER KEYS TO BE CORRECT, NOT TO MENTION THE PLETHORA OF ERRORS EITHER INSIDE THE QUESTION STEMS RENDERING MANY QUESTIONS UNSOLVEABLE. THERE ARE QUESTIONS THAT SHOULD NEVER BE GMAT QUESTIONS IN THIS BOOK. DATA SUFFICIENCY QUESTIONS THAT PROVIDE CONFLICTING INFORMATION SUCH THAT THERE IS NO SOLUTION, BUT IN THEORY THE ANSWER IS NOT AN E BECAUSE THERE IS SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO ANSWER THE QUESTION, ITS JUST THAT THE INFORMATION CONFLICTS SUCH THAT NO SOLUTION WOULD BE POSSIBLE.

IN SHORT, THIS BOOK SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE MARKET TODAY AND ALL THOSE WHO PURCHASED AND USED IT SHOULD BE REFUNDED AT AN EXPONENTIALLY HIGHER PRICE. ALAS, THE WORLD ISN'T PERFECT, SO AS SOMEONE WHO IS NOW GOING TO USE THE BOOK FOR KINDLING, I THOUGHT I'D WRITE A REVIEW SO OTHERS DON'T WASTE THEIR TIME, MONEY AND PATIENCE.

I REPEAT, ON PAIN OF DEATH DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK, TRUST ME, THE AMOUNT OF ERRORS IT CONTAINS IS INSULTING.

Are you mad? Thanks for the warning.

It's a dawg eat dawg world.

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 52

Reviews Badge
Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 09:15
ecade wrote:

I do agree there were some errors but i dont know... it did help me get a 720...

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-22-2011
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 12

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 15:12
1 post from ecade... suspicious
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 136 [0], given: 26

Premium Member
Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2011, 04:14
Does this book have substantial 700+ level questions.

Please press KUDOS if you like my post

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 9398 [0], given: 3696

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2011, 08:07
Expert's post
crackHSW wrote:

Well, what is substantial?
If you are asking if if it has half the questions at 700 level, then probably not, but if I remember correctly, it does about 10-20%, which is 100-200 questions. Anyone has a more exact number?

Founder of GMAT Club

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 136 [0], given: 26

Premium Member
Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2011, 09:05
bb wrote:
crackHSW wrote:

Well, what is substantial?
If you are asking if if it has half the questions at 700 level, then probably not, but if I remember correctly, it does about 10-20%, which is 100-200 questions. Anyone has a more exact number?

Well that is what exactly I was looking for , 100-200 question seems to be a good number , I would go by your word and order it straight away. Thanks a lot

Please press KUDOS if you like my post

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Schulich, Rotman '15
GMAT Date: 03-28-2012
GPA: 2.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 9

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2011, 11:30
Just want to reinforce how great this site has been, i currently have the Princeton 2012 Review as well as Kaplan, and I've been reading through kaplan first. I look forward to reading through Princeton as well but i am aware the level of difficulty may be a major difference.

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” - Greg Anderson

Follow my Journey at: nphelan-s-road-to-117533.html

Kudos? Don't mind if I do!

Re: Princeton Review 1012 GMAT Questions   [#permalink] 26 Jul 2011, 11:30