Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 04:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Princeton Review Book - ANY GOOD?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Princeton Review Book - ANY GOOD? [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2003, 15:16
Hey fellow GMAT takers.
[b]What do you think of the Princeton Review book, and Cd?[/b]
I have all the Kaplan texts, and only scored 510 (Q31, V30) this weekened on the real thing.
I have to boost my score to at least 600 - 650, in about 4 - 5 weeks.
Any ideas?
Suggestions, advise would be welcomed with open arms.
Cheers :beer
SP :help2 [b][u][/u][/b]
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2003, 15:35
With that Kaplan score, you may already be in your target range of 600-650. Kaplan's test is more difficult, and its scoring methodology is less forgiving. People usually score anywhere between 30-140 points more on the real deal.

Princeton review is helpful, but if you haven't spent time going through the PowerPrep materials (CATS and practice sections), I would concentrate on the latter.

Princeton Review messed up when they decided to include problems on their CAT tests that come right out of their book (without notifying the customer first). This made their CAT tests less representative (I had already seen some of the problems). I believe that PR's questions more closely mimic ETS questions than do Kaplan's. However, Kaplan's higher difficulty is advantageous if you are focusing on scoring above 700.

Good luck,

Htown
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2003, 15:54
My score of 510 was on the real thing, not Kaplan's tests.
I scored 510, 570 on two consecutive Kaplan cats, but only got 510 on the real deal.

So, you don't advise getting princeton review?
I have ordered the OG, I should get it within the next few days
I have taken powerprep I got 600, then 570.
Thanx
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2003, 08:37
Actually, htown, PR did not consciously choose to repeat some of the problems from the book in the CD. I emailed a friend who works there when I saw your post - he said they caught the error and have fixed it for the latest version of the CD. It was definitely not intentional. They do use questions that have been retired from the CD for the book, but hey everyone makes a mistake here and there. Of course, if you repeat the same tests on the CD, you will see some of the same questions, just like you would on any test prep CD.

Sunni, I would still get the PR book and CD. I used PR for strategy as well as practice and it was awesome. If you want to boost your score, I would highly recommend their strategies. The Cracking book is very clear and they do a very good job breaking down each question type. Just be sure to also practice with the OG - it naturally has the best practice questions.
  [#permalink] 02 Sep 2003, 08:37