Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Princeton review CAT's are they accurate? [#permalink]
If I understand correctly:

You've studied little to no material and have mainly taken practice tests as a means to improve.

This isn't an advisable strategy. Tests should be used to gauge progress and you should focus on material and practice problems to improve. Your scores are all over the place and you likely need to spend a fair amount of time in each section.

Use your practice tests to determine what subsections you need to focus on (it seems you need to focus on all of them). Read the book review threads and determine what other books to buy (OG, MGMAT, Manhattan Review, Veritas, etc.).
Director
Director
Send PM
Hi mohater

Thanks for replying, Well i am preparing from last 3 months and just gave first two tests..So thought to try other test companies as well..though i have not taken gmat prep yet..I should write it day after...

Well this where i am confused should refer to my old books...Or should i start with kaplan 800..As you rightly said that i need to work on all sections majorly in verbal...

Also by when should i apply to univ's..Is it possible to apply before R3....If yes then i still have time...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 300 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
prateekbhatt wrote:
Hi mohater

Thanks for replying, Well i am preparing from last 3 months and just gave first two tests..So thought to try other test companies as well..though i have not taken gmat prep yet..I should write it day after...

Well this where i am confused should refer to my old books...Or should i start with kaplan 800..As you rightly said that i need to work on all sections majorly in verbal...

Also by when should i apply to univ's..Is it possible to apply before R3....If yes then i still have time...

Hello prateek,

I think you should not refer kaplan 800 for now. On gmat you move ladder by ladder. You say you got about 450 in practise test, so it will be more ideal for you to reach 650 level first before solving kaplan 800 which has 650 + level questions. Also kaplan 800 is less of a text book and more of a work book. I will advise that you clear your basics first. The guides that you are referring right now are general guides (kaplan premier , princeton review etc) I will advise that you go through either manhattan basic guides or manhattan quant and verbal foundation or any similar books which have basics. Also don't get put off by low scores in mock tests, we all get low scores at beginning but dedicated studies & good strategies can always make us succeed. Also one thing, do not take too many mock tests. Take not more than 1 CAT in 10 days. Best of luck.
Director
Director
Send PM
Aj85 wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:
Hi mohater

Hello prateek,

I think you should not refer kaplan 800 for now. On gmat you move ladder by ladder. You say you got about 450 in practise test, so it will be more ideal for you to reach 650 level first before solving kaplan 800 which has 650 + level questions. Also kaplan 800 is less of a text book and more of a work book. I will advise that you clear your basics first. The guides that you are referring right now are general guides (kaplan premier , princeton review etc) I will advise that you go through either manhattan basic guides or manhattan quant and verbal foundation or any similar books which have basics. Also don't get put off by low scores in mock tests, we all get low scores at beginning but dedicated studies & good strategies can always make us succeed. Also one thing, do not take too many mock tests. Take not more than 1 CAT in 10 days. Best of luck.

Hi Aj85

Thats a very good,motivating and important piece of advice you have given me...Really appreciate your help on this...

Well i have started doing verbal...I guess now i will do it for no less than two weeks before hitting another CAT test....

Also i just have manhattan SC ...Remaining manhattan i have few Ebooks..Which i have'nt read ....

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot