Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Oct 2014, 23:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Princeton review CAT's are they accurate?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Princeton review CAT's are they accurate? [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2011, 13:04
Hi as of now i have given 3 mock full length test....

Gmat prep 510 Q36 V22,

Kaplan CAT 460 Q28 V26,

and to day i gave Princeton review 360 Q22 correct/37 and V 14 correct /41......I could not see my scaled score in both the sections......Shocking....

Just day before i got 460 in kaplan and today 360 With same points in Verbal and better quant...how come there is 100 points difference..........Totally confused...

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 414 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Princeton review CAT's are they accurate? [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2011, 18:03
The score is based on percentile rank and combined rank. See this thread for more info:

gmat-scores-83890.html

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)

Re: Princeton review CAT's are they accurate? [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 11:04
Power Prep 1 320 Q22 V11 (01/07/11)
Power Prep 2 500 Q36 V22 (03/08/11)
Kaplan CAT 2 460 Q28 V26 (09/09/11)
PR CAT 1 360 Q32 V09 (11/09/11)
MGMAT CAT 420 Q33 V17 (12/09/11)

I guess it rare to see scores declining like this......I know i need to work in both the sections but majorly in Verbal......Confused where to start ? should i again start reading my basic books.....

I have.....
Princeton review
Kaplan premier
Kaplan 800( havent started yet)
Manhattan SC(started reading)
OG 12 (completed)

Havent Test myself on Gmat prep yet..Guess will write it day after!!!!!

any suggestions on how to improve my scores drastically are welcomed.....

Thanks

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 414 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Princeton review CAT's are they accurate? [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 11:17
If I understand correctly:

You've studied little to no material and have mainly taken practice tests as a means to improve.

This isn't an advisable strategy. Tests should be used to gauge progress and you should focus on material and practice problems to improve. Your scores are all over the place and you likely need to spend a fair amount of time in each section.

Use your practice tests to determine what subsections you need to focus on (it seems you need to focus on all of them). Read the book review threads and determine what other books to buy (OG, MGMAT, Manhattan Review, Veritas, etc.).

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director

Re: Princeton review CAT's are they accurate? [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 11:39
Hi mohater

Thanks for replying, Well i am preparing from last 3 months and just gave first two tests..So thought to try other test companies as well..though i have not taken gmat prep yet..I should write it day after...

Well this where i am confused should refer to my old books...Or should i start with kaplan 800..As you rightly said that i need to work on all sections majorly in verbal...

Also by when should i apply to univ's..Is it possible to apply before R3....If yes then i still have time...

More useful links-->

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Manager
Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 21

Re: Princeton review CAT's are they accurate? [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2011, 00:05
prateekbhatt wrote:
Hi mohater

Thanks for replying, Well i am preparing from last 3 months and just gave first two tests..So thought to try other test companies as well..though i have not taken gmat prep yet..I should write it day after...

Well this where i am confused should refer to my old books...Or should i start with kaplan 800..As you rightly said that i need to work on all sections majorly in verbal...

Also by when should i apply to univ's..Is it possible to apply before R3....If yes then i still have time...

Hello prateek,

I think you should not refer kaplan 800 for now. On gmat you move ladder by ladder. You say you got about 450 in practise test, so it will be more ideal for you to reach 650 level first before solving kaplan 800 which has 650 + level questions. Also kaplan 800 is less of a text book and more of a work book. I will advise that you clear your basics first. The guides that you are referring right now are general guides (kaplan premier , princeton review etc) I will advise that you go through either manhattan basic guides or manhattan quant and verbal foundation or any similar books which have basics. Also don't get put off by low scores in mock tests, we all get low scores at beginning but dedicated studies & good strategies can always make us succeed. Also one thing, do not take too many mock tests. Take not more than 1 CAT in 10 days. Best of luck.
Director
Director

Re: Princeton review CAT's are they accurate? [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2011, 06:43
Aj85 wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:
Hi mohater

Hello prateek,

I think you should not refer kaplan 800 for now. On gmat you move ladder by ladder. You say you got about 450 in practise test, so it will be more ideal for you to reach 650 level first before solving kaplan 800 which has 650 + level questions. Also kaplan 800 is less of a text book and more of a work book. I will advise that you clear your basics first. The guides that you are referring right now are general guides (kaplan premier , princeton review etc) I will advise that you go through either manhattan basic guides or manhattan quant and verbal foundation or any similar books which have basics. Also don't get put off by low scores in mock tests, we all get low scores at beginning but dedicated studies & good strategies can always make us succeed. Also one thing, do not take too many mock tests. Take not more than 1 CAT in 10 days. Best of luck.

Hi Aj85

Thats a very good,motivating and important piece of advice you have given me...Really appreciate your help on this...

Well i have started doing verbal...I guess now i will do it for no less than two weeks before hitting another CAT test....

Also i just have manhattan SC ...Remaining manhattan i have few Ebooks..Which i have'nt read ....

Thanks

More useful links-->

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Re: Princeton review CAT's are they accurate?   [#permalink] 14 Sep 2011, 06:43