Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 20:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Princeton Review Confusion

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Princeton Review Confusion [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2004, 16:37
I have been using the book, The Princeton Review: Cracking the GMAT, 2004 Edition. I have taken the following sections from the included CD:

- Quantitative Adaptive 1
- Verbal Adaptive 1

Strangely, the exam application only gave me 45 minutes for the quantitative section and 30 minutes for the verbal section (although it indicated that there were 37 and 41 questions, respectively).

Anyone have any insight into why their test exams (at least the first one) don't offer the 75 minutes expected?

Thanks
Thomas
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2004, 15:06
I am not exactly sure why it doesn't seem to give you sufficient time to answer the questions, that is weird. I too have encountered some problems with PR as well. Just got through taking practice test #3, and all three of the reading comprehension passages were the same from tests #1, #2, and #3. I dont feel like I have gotten a good indication of my abilities as I keep seeing a sprinkling of repeat questions on each test. Oh well.

Anyone else have the same problem? I heard good things about PR in terms of its being a good predictor of how you'll actually do, but I dont know. It seems like their math is easier than other test prep... does anyone know if this is true? Are scores comparable to actual GMAT?
Intern
Intern

You're correct [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2004, 12:14
Princetons quants are definitely easier than the actual GMAT. I ripped their quants when ever I gave their exams but got hosed on the actual GMAT. (670 and 730 on Princeton). 630 on the actual GMAT.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: You're correct [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2004, 12:43
Princeton CD has some serious issuses
I have taken 2 CATs and in both I had only one mistake in the Quants section and that too after Qusetion#30. Still they gave me a scaled score of 45!! :cry:
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2004, 12:45
cs77 wrote:
I am not exactly sure why it doesn't seem to give you sufficient time to answer the questions, that is weird. I too have encountered some problems with PR as well. Just got through taking practice test #3, and all three of the reading comprehension passages were the same from tests #1, #2, and #3. I dont feel like I have gotten a good indication of my abilities as I keep seeing a sprinkling of repeat questions on each test. Oh well.

Anyone else have the same problem? I heard good things about PR in terms of its being a good predictor of how you'll actually do, but I dont know. It seems like their math is easier than other test prep... does anyone know if this is true? Are scores comparable to actual GMAT?

I am facing the same problem!
This CD is crap!!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2004, 05:36
cs77 wrote:

I faced the same problem :(

Best Regards,

Paul

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2004, 10:20
I contacted PR's customer support about these issues a few weeks ago....If you're seeing repeat questions, it could be one of two things: you either deleted your previous test(s), or you're taking the tests on different computers. The software is set up to remember which questions you've been given, and as long as you don't delete the previous tests you've taken, and take them all on the same computer, you shouldn't see duplicate questions. If that's not the case for you, then contact customer support - that will get you a lot farther than complaining in the forums! :lol:

On the timing issue...if you take each section separately, rather than taking it straight through like the real GMAT, the don't know if they corrected it for later 2004 releases. So I would take the test straight through. Better to do that anyway so you can work on your stamina for test day.
  [#permalink] 13 Jul 2004, 10:20