Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:12 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1479 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey thanks alot Laxie for the words of encouragement... I almost let it screw up my whole day lol
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ok, so here's the thing with PR math - because the math questions they give you are easier than GMATPrep they (PR) require you to get a higher percentage of questions correct to get the same score. For example, I missed 5 on a PR test and scored a 47, missed 13 on a GMATPrep and scored a 48. The GMATPrep Q's were MUCH tougher. The problem with PR is that they give you much less leeway to miss a couple questions (if you miss even 1 or 2 of the first ten your going to get a score under 47-48). In my opinion PR Math is not representative of the real thing because I think trying to get 90% of relatively easy questions correct is completely different than trying to get 60-70% of really tough questions correct. Only focus on analyzing your mistakes on PR and don't worry about the score (in fact I'd say this advice generally applies to every CAT except GMATPrep).
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks a lot for your encouraging words here..

in the last week.. I had been doing really good.. Saw a dip in Math scores across all tests(PR,veritas and 800Score), but the good thing is my english score has been increasing (fingers crossed).. So I got a bit worried of my math.. But then I took a challenge.. got 93%..

Again I saw that my challenge scores dropped from 96% to 93%.. So got me more worried.. as to why i am doing bad now in math...

I appreciate your words here..

I guess tensed now.. that i am going to give the exam the second time :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually my Princeton, PowerPrep, and GMAT Prep scores were all the same..
47 Quant..
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
thanks a lot for your encouraging words here..

in the last week.. I had been doing really good.. Saw a dip in Math scores across all tests(PR,veritas and 800Score), but the good thing is my english score has been increasing (fingers crossed).. So I got a bit worried of my math.. But then I took a challenge.. got 93%..

Again I saw that my challenge scores dropped from 96% to 93%.. So got me more worried.. as to why i am doing bad now in math... I appreciate your words here..

I guess tensed now.. that i am going to give the exam the second time :(

Oh my god!Buddy, what are you thinking?!! ;) Don't you know that 93% percentile in challenge is freakingly good?!! You can tell from others' experience here that 93% is kinda representative of a 50 in quantitative section of real GMAT :) ...Anyways, good lucks to your G-day!! :)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
i dont know laxie.. i have been slipping down in quant now .......... :(
i got a 44 in pr.. that just blew me off.. but i have a plan now.
i am doing one challenge everyday till d-day
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I totally understand the trade-off you have to face when you have to focus much more on verbal and somehow ignore maths coz i underwent the same situation during the period before my G-day. Yup, it's a good plan that you practise each challenge per day till test day or you can just focus on your weak area in maths to raise your confidence. I suggest you focus more on speedy solving data sufficient problems and word problems for they are stuffs which may defeat you at best under real test pressure.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks laxie for your kind words and advice...

i am going to do mgmat problems for verbal and gmat club challenge problems for a week..

fingers crossed :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 782 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
thanks laxie for your kind words and advice...

i am going to do mgmat problems for verbal and gmat club challenge problems for a week..

fingers crossed :)

test is in a week, right? :gl
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks a lot!!! u2lover!!!!

yes.. in a week
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
thanks a lot!!! u2lover!!!!

yes.. in a week

no probs... I see you around working hard... so I made some arrangements and you should be on your 700+ way next week!!! :wink:

please don't forget to :eat and :sleep
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks u2lover!!!!

hopefully things get better.. i think my verbal skills have improveddddddd

i am hoping for the best now.. I guess I have worked hard and smart and narrowed down all errors, thats all i can do.. right?

also did you do challenge 23, problem 32? I posed that question on the challenge forum, did not get any response..

if you have done, please help me thanks!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
no... I was just recently challenged by 4th challenge... not even sure I will ever get to 23rd :shock: PM Girish (giddi77) or laxieqv... I think they would be able to answer it!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
My PM thingy does not work.. the mails just stay in outbox.. never makes it to sent box..

BTW, I am just doing random challenges all over, since I dont have the time to do every... Till now been doing good..

completed challenges 1,2,20,,23,24,25

thanks
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I suck at challenges badly :oops: but that's fine... I spend more time going over them and figuring out the mistakes... have no business getting 60-70% of all mistakes wrong... I guess I give up too quickly seeing some crazy-looking combination problem.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah the challenges have been ok for me.. pm me if you need any help on a particular problem..

i feel for the DS part, your strategy on how you solve it is very important.. after i gave my gmat, i gave a run down of my approach on quant.. its somewhere burried in the gmat forums :(

btw, do you ever sleep? i see you online all the time ;)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
yeah the challenges have been ok for me.. pm me if you need any help on a particular problem..

i feel for the DS part, your strategy on how you solve it is very important.. after i gave my gmat, i gave a run down of my approach on quant.. its somewhere burried in the gmat forums :(

btw, do you ever sleep? i see you online all the time ;)

hell yeah... I :sleep at least 7 hours/day... otherwise I am useless...

I hate the part, when you take online challenge your status is ONLINE... people are probably thinking I am just sitting around waiting for more questions to be posted :wink:

PM doesn't work for you? how would I PM? can you ask some Adm. kinds to figure this out?

btw... I am hanging around 35-40 in quant... do you think it's possible to jump to 48? now that I seem more confident about CRs and SCs I must focus on math part...

thanks willget700+nextweek :wink:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37300 posts