Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 22:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Princeton Verbal VS Kaplan Verbal

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Princeton Verbal VS Kaplan Verbal [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2003, 05:46
:?: I was wondering if someone can suggest me which book is better, I have been suggested Kaplan GMAT Verbal Exam Book and Verbal Workout by Princeton Review. Confused that I am, I would require your suggestions.
I would like to buy the right book rather than pay for both and not use one of them.

Sat.

Attain Moksha

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2003, 08:19
In my personal experience, I think both are very great books for preparing verbal on GMAT.
In SC, I think the PR's strategy is more better than kaplan's.
But, in the CR and RC, the kaplan's is better over PR's.
So, I think you could buy this both workbooks to prepare GMAT.
After all, their price is inexpensive.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2273

Kudos [?]: 8783 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Princeton Verbal VS Kaplan Verbal [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2003, 08:42
Expert's post
satgates wrote:
:?: I was wondering if someone can suggest me which book is better, I have been suggested Kaplan GMAT Verbal Exam Book and Verbal Workout by Princeton Review. Confused that I am, I would require your suggestions.
I would like to buy the right book rather than pay for both and not use one of them.

Sat.

I think you will like Kaplan better.

I found PR's verbal workbook considerably different esp in CR and logic. PR also has some strange approach -I think they tried to be different and that was the goal rather than beign helpful.

The bottom line of this is that you feel mighty powerful when you do thier "tailored" questions but when it gets time for the GMAT your butt is handed to you.

-=-=
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2003, 01:13
1. I will not recommend buying the 2004 edition of PR, as it is the same as the 2002 edition. The only difference is in the price which has been increased from $20 to $36. See if you can get the 2002 edition, this will save you money.

2. On the CR the Kaplan methodology is using the negation test, which is quite confusing and time consuming. PR has a far better and efficient approach on CR.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2003, 15:38
I've been studying from both - and found both to be useful. I think each one is tailored somewhat to a specific niche. If you have time, flip through each to see which contains information more relevant to you.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either (although Princeton Review really cut costs with the extremely cheap paper - it rips very easily).
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2273

Kudos [?]: 8783 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
 [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2003, 21:18
Expert's post
dannmizzou wrote:
I've been studying from both - and found both to be useful. I think each one is tailored somewhat to a specific niche. If you have time, flip through each to see which contains information more relevant to you.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either (although Princeton Review really cut costs with the extremely cheap paper - it rips very easily).

:lol: Yeah! PR for some reason just sticks with the yellow paper. Not that it matters for the content, but it is a bit unpleasant.

For the price, it is hard to be disappointed with any of the two books.
  [#permalink] 11 Jul 2003, 21:18