Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

princeton vs mahattan verbal accuracy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

princeton vs mahattan verbal accuracy [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 23:28
Hei all

Can someone comment on the accuracy of verbal scores for MGMAT and the princeton review scores ,My scores are as below :

The princeton review

CAT 1 :V 33
CAT 2 : V31
CAT :V28
CAT 4:V34
CAT 5:V34

MGMAT CAT

CAT 1:V37
CAT 2: V34

I want to score more than V 35-36 atleast in the GMAT .

Please let me know the accuracy for both the exams .

Also I find the TPR RCs are a lot tougher than the the OG RCs .Anyone else facing the same issue ?

PLZZ REPLYYY !!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 540 Q50 V15
GMAT 2: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 3.11
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 84

Re: princeton vs mahattan verbal accuracy [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2014, 12:26
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

In my opinion, you could be able to score 32-34 on the actual GMAT. But, you never know what happens on the actual exam.
I was scoring 28-30 in my mocks in verbal, but got a 15 on the actual GMAT.

Also, note that RCs in the actual GMAT exam are quite horrifying if they are of 700 level. Rest SC and CR should be fine for you since you are getting very good scores in mocks.

All the best for the GMAT.

Sahil Chaudhary
If you find this post helpful, please take a moment to click on the "+1 KUDOS" icon.
My IELTS 7.5 Experience
From 540 to 640...Done with GMAT!!!
http://www.sahilchaudhary007.blogspot.com

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1084

Kudos [?]: 4871 [1] , given: 163

Re: princeton vs mahattan verbal accuracy [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2014, 20:24
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
JAPJEET06 wrote:
Hei all

Can someone comment on the accuracy of verbal scores for MGMAT and the princeton review scores ,My scores are as below :

The princeton review

CAT 1 :V 33
CAT 2 : V31
CAT :V28
CAT 4:V34
CAT 5:V34

MGMAT CAT

CAT 1:V37
CAT 2: V34

I want to score more than V 35-36 atleast in the GMAT .

Please let me know the accuracy for both the exams .

Also I find the TPR RCs are a lot tougher than the the OG RCs .Anyone else facing the same issue ?

PLZZ REPLYYY !!

How prep test scores map with respect to the actual exam is a question with no correct answer. The case is different for different people. Even the official prep tests are not mapping well nowadays for many people so it's very hard to say how much you will score in the actual test.
That said, we are updating our tests on a regular basis and hence are seeing good results. I would suggest you to take the Veritas Prep free test. Thereafter, I will be able to comment on your preparation more confidently. Also our RC book has some of the toughest GMAT relevant passages. OG predominantly caters to the 550-600 range questions because the average scores lie in that range. If you are doing well, expect to see some tougher questions than those that OG presents.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: princeton vs mahattan verbal accuracy [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2014, 01:06
I am yet to take the GMAT perp exam .

Also I took the OG diagnostic test and scored above average in the RC and excellent in CR with above average in the SC section . any comments on the difficulty level of the diagnostic test ?

I have 20 days left for tha actual gmat exam .

Any suggestions on how to go forward with Verbal part to touch that 37-38 mark .
Re: princeton vs mahattan verbal accuracy   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2014, 01:06