Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 02:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Private tutoring

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q47 V23
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Private tutoring [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2014, 19:27
Hi Team,

I am new to this forum and I have just joined today. I was looking for a help regarding the GMAT exam and one of my friend has recommended this site. To brief my profile I am engineering major student graduated in 2008. Since then I was working for a an Reputed IT company in India for 10 months and moved to client (Investing banking) place location in Australia from August 2009.

I have a Indian experience of 10 months and Australian experience of 55 months that encompasses to 65 months in total. I started preparing for GMAT in August 2013 and I have spent almost 4 + months in preparation. During the tenure I attended the Veritas test prep (In Class) program at Sydney. I used OG 12 and Veritas Prep materials for my preparation. Finally I took my exam on Dec 23rd 2013 and I ended up getting 560 (V23 and Q47 and AWA 5.0). I felt puzzled after months of effort and spending 1500$ for preparation class. I have solved all the problems in Veritas Prep 14 books and OG 12.

My 10 practice tests score from GMAT prep, Manhattan were in the range from 600 - 660. I am looking for your advice on retaking the GMAT. My desire is to reach the 700 barrier which many of you have achieved.

I also decided to take up the private tutoring for the score improvement. Can you please advise on the below areas.
Does private tutoring add any value? If so, which one I can opt for?
How many months can i avail before retaking the exam?

Your help will contribute for my next steps to a great extent. I feel bit de-motivated, I am looking for a definite strategy and plan of study to tackle the exam.

I have checked for the Manhattan GMAT private Tutoring and it costs upto $1590, can you please advise will that help in the score improvement.

Thanks
Bragadeesh
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 6

Re: Private tutoring [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2014, 00:55
Hi Bragadeesh,

I'm not pretty sure what went wrong. However 2-3 months of hard work and dedication should help you get a score around 700.

Private tutoring is a good option, since it would help you to work closely with the instructor and identify your mistakes and make necessary changes. But try and understand how effectively you can dedicate time for the same.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!!

Neha

Bragadeesh wrote:
Hi Team,

I am new to this forum and I have just joined today. I was looking for a help regarding the GMAT exam and one of my friend has recommended this site. To brief my profile I am engineering major student graduated in 2008. Since then I was working for a an Reputed IT company in India for 10 months and moved to client (Investing banking) place location in Australia from August 2009.

I have a Indian experience of 10 months and Australian experience of 55 months that encompasses to 65 months in total. I started preparing for GMAT in August 2013 and I have spent almost 4 + months in preparation. During the tenure I attended the Veritas test prep (In Class) program at Sydney. I used OG 12 and Veritas Prep materials for my preparation. Finally I took my exam on Dec 23rd 2013 and I ended up getting 560 (V23 and Q47 and AWA 5.0). I felt puzzled after months of effort and spending 1500$ for preparation class. I have solved all the problems in Veritas Prep 14 books and OG 12.

My 10 practice tests score from GMAT prep, Manhattan were in the range from 600 - 660. I am looking for your advice on retaking the GMAT. My desire is to reach the 700 barrier which many of you have achieved.

I also decided to take up the private tutoring for the score improvement. Can you please advise on the below areas.

Your help will contribute for my next steps to a great extent. I feel bit de-motivated, I am looking for a definite strategy and plan of study to tackle the exam.

I have checked for the Manhattan GMAT private Tutoring and it costs upto $1590, can you please advise will that help in the score improvement.

Thanks
Bragadeesh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1147

Kudos [?]: 5331 [0], given: 165

Re: Private tutoring [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2014, 22:01
Expert's post
Bragadeesh wrote:
Hi Team,

Thanks
Bragadeesh

Hey Bragadeesh,
Sorry to hear about the less than desired score. I think your first step now should be to figure out where things went wrong. Obviously, Verbal is your big pain area so analyze the verbal sections of the tests you have taken. Which type of questions do you need most support in; which questions do you often get wrong etc. You will anyway need to do this detailed analysis if you go for private tutoring. We have given our thoughts on private tutoring on this thread: considering-private-tutoring-165261.html

Did you take any Veritas practice tests? Perhaps we can take a look at your performance and suggest you a suitable plan of action.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Private tutoring   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2014, 22:01