Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Private tutoring needed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Private tutoring needed [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2013, 01:10
Hello,

I am looking for a good GMAT private tutor who can help me to study for the GMAT in an optimal way. The tutor should have scored a 99 percentile result him/herself and be ideally a native speaker (though not necessarily required).

Since I can not afford the big test prep companies, it would be great if the service is offered for fair rates. I am from Los Angeles but I am also willing to take online lessons so location is not that important.

Please email me if you are interested.

best regards
artem
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 695 [0], given: 6

Re: Private tutoring needed [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2013, 12:24
Expert's post
When you say you want a private tutor, the total cost in the end tends to be higher than signing up for a prep course. You won't get private tutoring for a low price unless it's a private tutoring experience that is mimicked online. If that is what you're interested in, I'd recommend checking GMATPill out. There are private tutors in the LA area that tutor in person. If you're interested we can direct you to a resource. But for private tutoring online, you get the benefit of a tutor's recorded videos so you don't waste time. All of your studying is done efficiently and you can ask questions when you're stuck.

What we've found with students is that many of them learn better by observing someone's thinking process. This process takes a long time to communicate in person, but with online videos it can be captured and you can benefit from listening in on how a gmat expert thinks. That's really the advantage for studying through an online video course like gmatpill.

If you're interested in some practice online as well, you can try a sample SC question here and a sample DS question here.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Private tutoring needed [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 12:50
Hey Artem -

You still looking for a tutor/course? I would definitely recommend Tutor the People - just took a 6 week course (private online for way less than Kaplan/PR/etc.) - and my score went up drastically. My tutor Sean scored in the 99th percentile and was extremely attentive to the areas that I needed to improve on in order to achieve a high score. Plus they donate 5% of the cost to Children of Promise - a non-profit that mentors and provides tutors to underprivileged children - which is pretty cool!
Re: Private tutoring needed   [#permalink] 29 Apr 2013, 12:50