I'm applying for Indian School of Business (ISB) Young Leaders Programme this year (2011-12). I've already cleared round 1 and is in process of completing my application for round 2. I will appear for GMAT on 27th June. Please advice which schools should I include in my list of 5 schools where scores can be sent for free and what are my chances
. I intend to include ISB & HBS. Please advice on the other 3.
Interested areas: General management, Consultancy, Non-Profit
My profile:GMAT score :
700-710 (expected) - on 27th JuneAcademics :
University - GPA 8.71 (on a 10 point scale) (till 8th semester) - Integrated M.Sc. (2012 graduation) in Applied Geology at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India - It is India's one of the top 3-4 universities.
High School - Class 12 - 84.1%
School - Class 10 - 85.1%Full Time Work Experience :
None (as I'm still a student)Internships :
1. 2011 - Summer Training at ONGC, India's largest oil & gas company
2. 2010 - research project at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany under DAAD scholarship
3. 2009 - research project at IISER Kolkata
4. 2008 - CRY (Child Rights and You) - a leading Indian NGO - conducted Access Audit in various schools, libraries etc. as part of a team. Personally designed questionnaire and audited 13 schools.
Led a two-member delegation team that recommended the Senior P.R.O. & Chief Engineer of Kolkata Metro Railway North-South extension project for making it accessible for all. It was eventually implemented as recommended. [Social Work Exp]Workshops :
ELLE Workshop at Tübingen, Germany [June 22-24, 2010]: Delivered a Talk on one of past research projects.Positions of Responsibility :
1. Co-Founder at Child Rights and You (CRY) IIT Kharagpur Volunteer Chapter [2010-present] [Social Work Exp]:
• Formed a Strategic Team to lead the volunteers to bring permanent changes in and around our campus.
• Successfully catalyzed the implementation of Mid-Day Meal scheme in a local primary school.
• Led a 42 member team to conduct an Access Audit of IIT Kharagpur, as requested by Dean (Undergraduate Studies).
• Member of the Committee for Physically Challenged Students, headed by Dean (Undergraduate Studies).
2. Design Team of Kshitij, Asia’s largest Techno-Management Fest:
• Head of Kshitij 2010; Member of Kshitij 2009; Volunteer of the Fine Arts Team in Kshitij 2008.
• Led Members to design as a Head.
• Designed many posters and websites both as Member and Head.
3. Spectra, the Fine Arts & Design Group of IIT Kharagpur:
• Governor in 2010-11; Head in 2009-10 and Member in 2008-09.
• Played pivotal role in planning & organizing all Fine Arts events with huge success during Spring Fest 2010 & 2011. Participation increased by about 50% & 67% respectively in almost every event compared to previous edition.
• Organized workshops on Film Making, Photography & Photoshop with almost filled to the capacity participation.
4. Social and Cultural Secretary of Earth Science Study Circle (ESSC) in 2009-10; Class Representative in 2008-09. It is the official society of the Department of Geology & Geophysics, IIT Kharagpur.
5. Student Member of the 3rd year [2009-10] and 4th year [2010-11] Departmental Academic Advisory Committee.Extra Curricular Achievements :
• Won Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Gold Medal award for Painting in Shankar’s International Children’s Competition in 2004. It started in 1949 & presently receives more than 1,60,000 entries from over 130 countries every year. The award was presented by the President of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
• Won 3rd prize in Marca de Fabrica, the ad-design competition in Kshitij 2009.
Thanks in advance for responding to my profile inquiry.
If you find this post useful, leave a kudos | GMAT Debrief: 740 in just 1 month with OG only!