Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 14:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Pro Eval: Asian Entrepreneur - 1st Gen - 740 GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Darden '16 (S)
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Pro Eval: Asian Entrepreneur - 1st Gen - 740 GMAT [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2014, 18:10
Hi,

I would like an evaluation of my profile, specifically my chances at my choice schools, and possible consideration of other schools. I'm looking to get into asset management or possibly strategy consulting

GMAT: 740(Q49 V41) 3rd Attempt
Education: 3.26 GPA with B.S. Finance & Accounting top 10 school in BW

Extracurricular
*Played football and rugby in college
*Co-founder/treasurer of networking club
*Club rep for diversity club
*Campus ministry assistant - manage and organize volunteer events for school
*Habitat for Humanity
*Basketball coach for under-privileged youth
*Church youth leader

Work Experience:
*1 year at Citigroup in middle office working with hedge fund clients and doing account reconciliation
----2 month gap here where I got the offer at the trading firm and quit Citi early to backpack through Asia
*2 year as a trader/analyst at trading firm. Trainee for 6 months, and promoted to trader. Mentored 3 first year trainees, one of which took rookie of the year award. Left this job as I want to pursue grad school, but more so because my real estate business was falling apart with my dad's health failing and I want to go back and consolidate/re-organize everything.
*self-employed for the past year engaging in real-estate ventures. Small business that started in 2008 with 10k in savings and loans and built it up to now having 100k in revenue and total investment value estimated at around 500k. I invest in real estate properties where I would rent them out and also fix & flip. Not sure how this will be seen by adcom

Applying all 1st round:
1st Tier - Booth, Kellogg
2nd Tier - Fuqua, Ross

Thanks for reading. The city of Chicago is where I want to be. I will be a reapplicant at Kellogg and Fuqua. 4 is enough, right guys?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Pro Eval: Asian Entrepreneur - 1st Gen - 740 GMAT   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2014, 18:10