Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 22:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Problem in the Verbal tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2008, 14:07
While taking V3, I could not access any questions after 15th question. I was getting blank screen and also timer on the top stopped ticking.

I tried to refesh the screen without any luck.

Also, when I review the v2 test, which I had taken few days back, I can not view question 16 onwards, I get blank screen.

Any one else experience the same problem?
CTO
CTO
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 9

Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2008, 14:31
Thank you for reporting this problem. I am looking at the logs, trying to figure out what went wrong. Little luck so far. Please let me know if the problem is persisting, and whether tests v04 etc. work fine. Thank you for your patience. --Tino

[w]User:Tino[/w] - GMAT Club Support

Ask me about the [w]Tests[/w] and all tech issues. Let me know if you find something broken or ugly on this site.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2325

Kudos [?]: 9456 [0], given: 3702

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2008, 15:20
Expert's post
No such issue with me - sorry to hear that. Please feel free to contact Tino directly to make sure you have access to all questions.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

CTO
CTO

Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2008, 15:23
I think the issue might have been with the max MySQL connections limit reached. The whole site started to spit out error messages about five minutes ago. I have removed that bottleneck, should not happen again.

Please let us know if you can now access the tests.

Ask me about the [w]Tests[/w] and all tech issues. Let me know if you find something broken or ugly on this site.

Manager
Manager

Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2008, 19:53
I still have the same issue. I tried it just now. For example, From review screen of V02 I can see questions upto 8-10, but anything after that shows blank screen.
CTO
CTO

Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2008, 03:32
Hi Path, sorry for the inconvenience! Please, as I am trying to figure out what is the problem, provide as much information as possible. Please tell me which browser and system are you using; whether you can access second parts of math tests or is the problem only with v02 and v03; finally, if the browser reports any javascript errors that would be very helpful too. My working hypothesis is that there is a javascript incompatibility.

Manager
Manager

Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2008, 17:55
tino wrote:
Hi Path, sorry for the inconvenience! Please, as I am trying to figure out what is the problem, provide as much information as possible. Please tell me which browser and system are you using; whether you can access second parts of math tests or is the problem only with v02 and v03; finally, if the browser reports any javascript errors that would be very helpful too. My working hypothesis is that there is a javascript incompatibility.

Hi Tino, V01 and V02, which I had taken before, both have problems. Couple of questions when reviewed gives blank screen and I can not review the tests V03 stopped working after Q 16 during the test.
I checked some Math test which I had taken previously, but did not see the problem with Math tests.

I am using IE 6.0 on windows XP home. I don't get any error. I get all the buttons but instead of questions I get blank screen.

Your help at your earliest convenience is appreciated.

Thanks
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 691 [0], given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2008, 03:07
Path wrote:
tino wrote:

Hi Tino, V01 and V02, which I had taken before, both have problems. Couple of questions when reviewed gives blank screen and I can not review the tests V03 stopped working after Q 16 during the test.
I checked some Math test which I had taken previously, but did not see the problem with Math tests.

I am using IE 6.0 on windows XP home. I don't get any error. I get all the buttons but instead of questions I get blank screen.

Your help at your earliest convenience is appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Path.

We are currently working on the problem. I've just checked the verbals in IE 7 and didn't notice anything weird. Everything worked fine. Please try to upgrade to IE 7 if that's not a problem for you. If IE 6 has some issues with our software, it might take you much less time to upgrade than us to fix the problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downlo ... _id=20510b

Let us know if this helps.

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2008, 19:49
I have some other issue upgrading to IE 7.0

Attached is screen shot, hope that might help you debug the problem.
Attachments

V03.doc [115.5 KiB]
Downloaded 64 times

To download please login or register as a user

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2008, 23:25
tino wrote:
Thank you for reporting this problem. I am looking at the logs, trying to figure out what went wrong. Little luck so far. Please let me know if the problem is persisting, and whether tests v04 etc. work fine. Thank you for your patience. --Tino

Just tried verbal and have the same errors, v3 after 15 question I could see only menu but instead of the questions only white screen. The same problem with v1 questions from 1 to 5. :(

Last edited by tino on 11 Jan 2008, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.
enabled bbcode for the quote to look properly
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2008, 00:44
I've just changed IE 6 to IE7 and it helps. As I understood for some reasons IE 6 does not show correctly RC questions.

Last edited by tino on 11 Jan 2008, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
readability improvement
CTO
CTO

Re: Problem in the Verbal tests [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2008, 01:14
Thank you for your patience and for reporting the issues. We have upgraded the tests system, please let us know if the problems persist or if new problems are introduced.

http://gmatclub.com/tests

Re: Problem in the Verbal tests   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2008, 01:14