Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 10:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Problem with the new GMAT Prep in calculating my score??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Problem with the new GMAT Prep in calculating my score?? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 20:53
i recently downloaded the new GMAT Prep and im having troubles generating my overall score. I've had to keep ending the exam prematurely (in order to save it) until the very last question in Verbal for it to calculate my scores. Prior to that, it (GMAT Prep) literally spent a day calculating my scores and i had to kill the task and start the verbal from scratch.

The problem is, it gave me a score of 200 although i got a 16 questions wrong in quantitive and 13 questions in verbal wrong. Can this score be legitimate??? I did the actual exam 4 weeks ago and scored a 590.

It might be worthwhile mentioning that i just breezed through the integrated reasoning since i'll be doing the exam before June 5th and got 11/12 questions wrong in that segment. Could my low overall score be attributed to the low integrated reasoning score??

Please help!!
Many thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: Problem with the new GMAT Prep in calculating my score?? [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 21:19
iwillbeatthegmat wrote:
i recently downloaded the new GMAT Prep and im having troubles generating my overall score. I've had to keep ending the exam prematurely (in order to save it) until the very last question in Verbal for it to calculate my scores. Prior to that, it (GMAT Prep) literally spent a day calculating my scores and i had to kill the task and start the verbal from scratch.

The problem is, it gave me a score of 200 although i got a 16 questions wrong in quantitive and 13 questions in verbal wrong. Can this score be legitimate??? I did the actual exam 4 weeks ago and scored a 590.

It might be worthwhile mentioning that i just breezed through the integrated reasoning since i'll be doing the exam before June 5th and got 11/12 questions wrong in that segment. Could my low overall score be attributed to the low integrated reasoning score??

Please help!!
Many thanks in advance.

Hi,
How recently did u download he software? There was a bug in he software jus after the release of the new GMAT Prep....mba.com sent a mail announcing that a new version was available coz there were some scoring issues in the older one(this was around 10 april or so I guess)
BTW IR section doesn affectt the overall scores....i did the same 'breeze through' thing and it worked fine...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Problem with the new GMAT Prep in calculating my score?? [#permalink] New post 15 May 2012, 08:44
guysss plzzz helpp... i need a helpp in gmat...i scored 270 in jan n gonna give bak in 7 days..... i jus dono y r my marks declining!!!!!! plzzzzz help me people.... 350 (10 days bak,) 320( 5 days bk) and latest i took yesterday was 300!!! M geting in to depression!!!!
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 279

Kudos [?]: 618 [0], given: 5

Re: Problem with the new GMAT Prep in calculating my score?? [#permalink] New post 15 May 2012, 11:44
Expert's post
Yeah there was a bug in the scoring. Try downloading the new version of [url=https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-prep-about-the-gmat/degmac-releases-gmat-prep-20-software-integrated-reasoningengmac-releases-gmat-prep-20-software-integrated-reasoningzhgmac-releases-gmat-prep-20-software-integrated-reasoning/]GMATPrep 2.0 here
[/url]

Your actual Q+V score out of 800 shouldn't have been wrong - but best way to know is to use the most recent version of the software. There is no partial credit on Integrated Reasoning. So even if you got some right..you might only get a very low score because not all parts of the question were answered correctly.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Problem with the new GMAT Prep in calculating my score?? [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 00:45
Hi i got 670 in Keplan 650 in Manhatten but 320 in gmat prep 2.0 !!!! is something wrong
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 379 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Problem with the new GMAT Prep in calculating my score?? [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 04:19
This thread is getting a little out of hand. Locked.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Problem with the new GMAT Prep in calculating my score??   [#permalink] 22 May 2012, 04:19