Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 22:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
Schools: YLP '15
GMAT 1: 550 Q48 V19
GPA: 3.31
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...? [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2012, 13:03
i have few questions regarding gmat exam.

Q1-i have registered gmat exam for july 2012 and i am currently in my final year of undergraduation.now i am applying for mba in 2 colleges right now for 2+2 program.i have applied for isb hyderabad ypl 2012 program and i want to apply for hbs 2+2 program. now my gmat is on 31 july 2012.i have heard that after gmat exam,gmac allows us to send score to 5 schools for free.

so i ll send my score to isb ylp at that time but i am still going to apply to hbs 2+2 later on after the exam.so should i give the code of hbs at the time of gmat or should i send the score later on personally...

Q2-if i provide only 2 college codes at the end of my gmat exam then ll i be allowed to send my gmat score to the remaining 3 colleges for free later on.if so what is the procedure for that.

i read the entire gmat handbook but there was no information on registering colleges to send score at the end of gmat exam etc....

so i would be glad if u could provide me in detail about this procedure and solve my questions asked above...
thanks in advance

regards,
mudit

Your KUDOS will keep me inspired in contributing more to this community......

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 37

Re: Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...? [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2012, 13:34
Basically, you can choose to send your score to up to five colleges for free before you see your score. If you would like to send your score to any colleges at a later date, then you must pay.

Make sense?
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...? [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2012, 13:47
vandygrad11 wrote:
Basically, you can choose to send your score to up to five colleges for free before you see your score. If you would like to send your score to any colleges at a later date, then you must pay.

Make sense?

selection of college is before viewing gmat score or after viewing gmat score...?

do they ask if we want to select colleges now or later...?

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 09:51
mathurmudit1003 wrote:
vandygrad11 wrote:

Make sense?

selection of college is before viewing gmat score or after viewing gmat score...?

Selection of colleges is before taking the exam. So it is the first thing you do when you enter the hall.
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 324 [0], given: 191

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 11:40
rni wrote:
mathurmudit1003 wrote:
vandygrad11 wrote:

Make sense?

Selection of colleges is before taking the exam. So it is the first thing you do when you enter the hall.

I don't get why don't they make it more student friendly and allow students to report their score after they see their score ? What's the logic behind this.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Manager
Manager

Re: Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 12:11
AbhiJ wrote:
I don't get why don't they make it more student friendly and allow students to report their score after they see their score ? What's the logic behind this.

Revenues??
perhaps you can ask the gmac representatives on gmatclub.
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 14:08
yeah i am also shocked. i didn't know that they asks for colleges before the score...i was thinking that as per my score i should choose my college.....but i juss came to know about this now......well this is really shocking......they should allow to select colleges after the score is displayed.anyways since this system is being followed for so many years....they wont change it for us...so big deal......we will do it there way.....we have no other option....

i initially asked this question just because i thought after the scores we are supposed to choose colleges....

Manager
Manager

Re: Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 21:12
mathurmudit1003 wrote:
yeah i am also shocked. i didn't know that they asks for colleges before the score...i was thinking that as per my score i should choose my college.....but i juss came to know about this now......well this is really shocking......they should allow to select colleges after the score is displayed.anyways since this system is being followed for so many years....they wont change it for us...so big deal......we will do it there way.....we have no other option....

i initially asked this question just because i thought after the scores we are supposed to choose colleges....

yep..but you can also get a good estimate of your score by practice tests. And I hope that your choice of colleges does not vary too much with minor fluctuations in score.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 565 [0], given: 107

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...? [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 23:52
Expert's post
rni wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:

Revenues??
perhaps you can ask the gmac representatives on gmatclub.

I think you're right 'rni' :)

However,let's ask bb..!

Hey bb-Can you please give any idea on this?

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Re: Procedure to select colleges at the end of gmat exam...?   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2013, 23:52