Please evaluate my profile. Thanks!
1) Work experience: 3 years top 3 management consulting with strong performance (top 5%)
2) GMAT: 690 (90%) Q43 (70%) V41 (93%)
3) Educational background: Bachelor's in Marketing from Nordic uni w/ GPA 3.8 (second in class), Master's in Finance from top 3 UK university (first in class)
4) ECs: Strong ECs during college (significant leadership experience incl. board positions). Fewer after working, but have work-related ECs (recruiting). No community service per se.
5) Target programs: INSEAD, HBS (aim to apply round 1)
6) Post-MBA: PE/VC in UK, US or Nordics / Continuing in consulting
7) Background: White male from Nordics
Should I retake the GMAT? I took the GMAT before my Master's and I think I might be able to raise it with 20-30 points, but if I have an "off-day" it would probably prevent me from applying round 1. Or should I rather spend my time on my essays?
Any input is much appreciated!
Tough call, but obviously you have to decide. If HBS is your first choice, given your European background, MS in Finance with good grades, I would say focus on the essays. If INSEAD is your first choice, I would say retake the GMAT focusing on the quant. INSEAD will use the highest quant and the highest verbal score in evaluating your app -- even if from different dates, and you're now at the bottom of their preferred range on the quant.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog