Just completed my GMAT and got a 760, Q49 V44 and am awaiting IR and AWA scores. Based on the strength of my score, several people have recommended that I apply to top US schools and I would really appreciate some insight regarding my application.
- 25 year old Asian male, Canadian citizenship
- B.Commerce from University of Toronto (GPA 2.44/4)
Work experience in chronological order:
- Various retail banking roles during undergrad, Cash Management Analyst working for large Canadian bank upon graduation. Stayed for 1 year (considered top talent in that role)
- Infantry Officer - Canadian Forces, top graduate of my training program but I left after a year for reasons that will be stated below
- Entrepreneurship - Started a made to measure menswear company that turned profitable after 3 months, been working on that this last year
I want to leverage an MBA to launch a career in management consulting or investment banking. I know I need to make up my mind soon about what stream I'm truly targeting but I wanted to ask someone if I stand a chance applying to top US schools or if I'm just wasting my time and money. The low undergrad GPA and early retirement from the military can be addressed in my essay, I had extenuating personal circumstances. '
Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for any responses!