Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Profile advice please. [#permalink]
1. Would my chances increase if i work for a few more years, perhaps find a more MBA-related position in some bigger financial firms such as Ernest and Young etc.?

Your chances would improve if you continue working and gain leadership roles and continue to ramp up your impact in a fast-track way. But you do not need to switch to an "MBA-related position" or a brand-name firm to do this. Doing that might actually damage the distinctiveness of your profile.

2. If i apply now, and fail to get in. Will it negatively affect my chances if i apply a second time to the same institution (with additional credentials such as more experience etc.)
No, it would not.

3. Are all the super-elite schools such as NW and Chicago, MIT etc. at the same level as Harvard and Columbia (both in terms of difficulty to gain entrance and work potential after graduation). This is of course coming from an Asian perspective. I notice here in China most people hold Harvard in the highest regard. But all other schools in this "elite category" tend to get shuffled together.
Yes, an MBA from most of the "super-elite" schools will help you land a good position as well an HBS MBA will. In terms of selectivity, Stanford not HBS is the most selective, but most of the super-elite schools have sub-15% admission rates. Check BusinessWeek MBA online for the actual selectivity rates of each school.

4. What do you think about Yale? (i noticed from this site that Yale was not listed in the super-elite schools), however from international renown they seem to be pretty high up here. I'm also interested in Yale because as a undergrad i had a chance to visit their campus and really liked it.
Yale SOM has an outstanding program, and I think their rankings don't do them justice. However, Yale SOM is as selective as the "super-elite" schools.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile advice please. [#permalink]