I am a bit confused of my options and would be very grateful for any guidance.
UGRAD: Mechanical Enhineering
UGRAD GPA: 8.81/10 (2nd rank in an Indian State University)
GMAT: Yet to take (Target: 740/750)
WE : 4 Years in $10 Billion IT Company
Area: A very common pool of Indian Software engineers.
Though my work experience includes Data warehousing or Business Intelligence practices in Banking and Financial Services, I would like to go for a career in Retail. I have managed a team of 15 for 2 years and my client list includes a top 2 US Bank and a regional US Bank.
Mostly I am interested in Marketing Strategies, Branding and Business Expansion in Emerging Markets or in short - Consumer Behavior.
I have worked for 2-3 non-governmental-organizations for women empowerment, education for underprivileged children
and nothing much.
Singing, reading books and writing (someday would want to be a writer too)
Straight from the frame of poverty sicken India. Had no access to electricity till matriculation, then I moved to the near by city to pursue my dreams.
Whether to go for MBA or PhD.
Though I would personally want to go for PhD(for financial matters), I have below questions:
1. Is age is going to be a problem ?
2. I do not have any research experience, is that a negative ? How can I compensate ?
3. My interest Area includes Emerging Markets, should that be a problem for study in US/Europe(Developed Countries) ?
4. I have gone through NYU Sterns' Website and I like that school and faculty profiles. What are my chances ?
5. What other schools I can get in ? (Preferably top 30 - including Canada/Europe/Australia)
6. Shall I go for MBA ?
Any suggestions/ advice is highly appreciated.
"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
Press Kudos, if I have helped.