Here's my profile:
* Indian national working in the US for a global telecom MNC, in an engineering role. Total work experience ~7 years.
* My work is pretty much core engineering, with a large dose of project management, since we're supposed to be able to manage projects from start to finish with minimal supervision. We are however assisted by project managers from time to time. Career progression has been stalled for a while due to the economic slowdown and hard times in telecom generally, and my current company has had a promotion freeze for about 3 years now.
* GMAT- 680, Q47, V37, AWA 6, no IR since it was taken in 2010
* Undergrad GPA- approx 3.6-3.7, engineering degree from India
* Grad GPA- 3.3, M.S in Electrical engg in the US
* Extra-curricular activities- Been tutoring immigrants and middle/high school kids with English and Math since the beginning of this year in a local community center. I did the same in 2010 as well, had to stop due to work and relocation. Am also involved with a NGO working on environmental awareness among schoolkids in India, although my involvement is minimal. Have also volunteered with soup kitchens for the homeless occasionally.
* About my MBA- I am focused on a part-time MBA, since my employer will hopefully pay a small portion of my tuition, and I want to keep working while I study. My target schools are Georgetown, Tepper, Stern and UMCP Smith school of Business.
All that being said, what are my chances of admission for 2014 at the schools I mentioned? I am unsure as to whether to retake the GMAT, since I've been told that essays and recommendations will probably do more for my admission chances than GMAT scores. Am just concerned my score may not be enough. Will taking online courses in accounting/finance add anything to my profile and my admission chances? Is there anything else I can do to beef up my profile?
I appreciate any and all opinions, please don't hold anything back