Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 12:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

profile check plz

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

profile check plz [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2009, 21:47
hi,
i just started preparing for gmat to apply to top b-skools...

i thought before i get too excited i should get an opinion from u guys about my chances of getting provided i get a good score....

did ungrad in '06 ...top school in the country...gpa not that stellar...2.98/4 major...accounting & finance..
since then i have accumulated 2.5yrs of experience and also passed level 1 and 2 of cfa....will be sitting fr level 3 in jun'10..
my ECs mostly include sports...regionals etc but no winning positions....age 27 in nov...married for almost 2 yrs...no kids...
gmat: am yet to take that..

all ur opinions are welcome

thanx!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: profile check plz [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2009, 19:02
Depending on how your do on your GMAT's you can really have potential to any of the top programs. Your GPA will be a problem, last year someone else who also had sub 3.0 GPA from top school with admits from H/W so right now you can really open up your options if you get a strong GMAT and have a good reason for your low GPA.

Goodluck on your GMAT's

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: profile check plz [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2009, 22:26
and what reasons would be considered good ;) i definitely had reasons but not sure if they wud work....
Current Student

Re: profile check plz [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2009, 21:00
Basicly if you had any reasons besides I was drunk, I joined a frat, I was drunk because I joined a frat. The other way is also that you were stupid then and you have matured.

Any reason I give you is gonna be a canned reason, you may need to dig a little deeper and evaluate what is an excuse and what is a good reason.

I have a way lower GPA, so I'm probably more optimistic about your chances. I believe you really should focus on GMAT's because a low GPA and low GMAT would hurt.

Intern
Intern

Re: profile check plz [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2009, 22:30
yup i know...am gonna take my time to prepare for the gmat and make sure i nail it in one go...one more thing... i still havnt shortlisted my college list etc was hoping to see a good score and then weigh my chance accordingly ...do u think it will be a bad idea to apply in the second round or will it be rushing it...probably gonna take my gmat end of oct or early nov.

and really appreciate your help! thanks
Current Student

Re: profile check plz [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2009, 08:07
zzxxdd wrote:
yup i know...am gonna take my time to prepare for the gmat and make sure i nail it in one go...one more thing... i still havnt shortlisted my college list etc was hoping to see a good score and then weigh my chance accordingly ...do u think it will be a bad idea to apply in the second round or will it be rushing it...probably gonna take my gmat end of oct or early nov.

and really appreciate your help! thanks

If you take your GMAT's in october/november that would still give you 2 solid months to work on applications. I would not worry too much about it.

Re: profile check plz   [#permalink] 21 Sep 2009, 08:07