I'd like to know how this looks.
1) WE: Business valuation at respected national firm (to the extent people respect business valuation firms, anyway). 3 years at matriculation. Promoted quickly.
2) GMAT: 760
3) College info: Middling state school for BBA (rank 175 or so), GPA 3.9 in accounting, GPA 3.75 for MS in accounting at same place. Some poorer grades at first university but those are pretty stale.
4) Significant college and post-college extra-curricular activities or community service, especially leadership experience: Nothing really, but prior to college I had 4 years in military including combat and other overseas service.
5) Important certifications: CPA, expect to have level II of CFA passed when applying and level III when matriculating.
6) Targets: Booth, Sloan, Yale, McCombs
7) R1 in 2013
8) Post MBA Goal: Something finance related, probably in energy
You have chosen your schools well. You may also want to consider NYU Stern and Columbia.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog