Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 15:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile eval-710,indian,female,consulting,3+ years of ex

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile eval-710,indian,female,consulting,3+ years of ex [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2011, 01:20
Dear Alex,
I came across a post of yours in gmatclub which I felt was very insightful. Could you please look at my profile and give your opinion about the b schools I should be targeting in 2012 fall.
Profile:
• Nationality: Indian
• GMAT Score:710 (quant 49,verbal 36,awa 5.5)
• Qualification: BE (Engineer)
• Graduation percentage: 71% (topper scored:78%)
Work experience:
• Worked as a Software engineer for 2 years in a global IT firm, client service and customization of banking product for big banking giants
• Did my SAP Germany certification in Sales and Distribution
• Currently with a big4 for over a year as a Consultant.
My work involves interacting with the top management of the Client Company and mapping and streamlining their business process, creating business blue print and designing MIS reports which help them forecast sales and improve strategy . This experience has given me a sound foundation about the operational aspects of business.
• In all, I will have 4 years of work ex by fall 2012

Extracurricular activities:
• Jt Secretary of my IEEE student chapter in College
• Headed organization committee for our yearly college fest
• Participated in national level trekking competition "ENDURO"
• Was an integral part of the editorial team of college magazine
• Won first prize in inter DC marathon completion in company
• Worked for SOS village as teacher and mentor for school children
• Currently a part of AID India(an NGO) where I am heading many women empowerment projects.
Post Mba goal:
• Remain in consulting but switch function from technology to strategy and operations and take up more senior roles in a consulting firm
• Eventually start my own venture

My b school list:
1. Strech: Kellog,Wharton,MIT
2. Sweet spot: DUKE,Booth,Yale,Haas,Cornell,Tepper,Oxford,Cambridge

Please give me your opinion about my choice of b schools and could you please help me finalize on 6 schools. Also probably u can suggest a few other b schools I should apply to alongside the ones mentioned by me. Since I don’t have international experience should I apply to the UK b schools? However,I have worked with many international clients.

Your guidance will be of great value to me :)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 527 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile eval-710,indian,female,consulting,3+ years of ex [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2011, 15:01
Stretch: choose 1 (Booth is part of this list as is Haas for engineers), it doesn't matter which one, just choose one that you'd love to go to.

Sweet spot: choose 4-5.

You have enough schools on this list that what you need to do is narrow them down based on your own personal preferences.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile eval-710,indian,female,consulting,3+ years of ex [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2011, 00:32
Dear Alex,
Could you please suggest a few schools I should apply to with my profile?
Do you think all the colleges that I mentioned are within reasonable reach with my profile?
Re: Profile eval-710,indian,female,consulting,3+ years of ex   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2011, 00:32