I came across a post of yours in gmatclub which I felt was very insightful. Could you please look at my profile and give your opinion about the b schools I should be targeting in 2012 fall.
• Nationality: Indian
• Gender: Female
• Age: 25 years
• GMAT Score:710 (quant 49,verbal 36,awa 5.5)
• Qualification: BE (Engineer)
• Graduation percentage: 71% (topper scored:78%)
• Worked as a Software engineer for 2 years in a global IT firm, client service and customization of banking product for big banking giants
• Did my SAP Germany certification in Sales and Distribution
• Currently with a big4 for over a year as a Consultant.
My work involves interacting with the top management of the Client Company and mapping and streamlining their business process, creating business blue print and designing MIS reports which help them forecast sales and improve strategy . This experience has given me a sound foundation about the operational aspects of business.
• In all, I will have 4 years of work ex by fall 2012
• Jt Secretary of my IEEE student chapter in College
• Headed organization committee for our yearly college fest
• Participated in national level trekking competition "ENDURO"
• Was an integral part of the editorial team of college magazine
• Won first prize in inter DC marathon completion in company
• Worked for SOS village as teacher and mentor for school children
• Currently a part of AID India(an NGO) where I am heading many women empowerment projects.
Post Mba goal:
• Remain in consulting but switch function from technology to strategy and operations and take up more senior roles in a consulting firm
• Eventually start my own venture
My b school list:
1. Strech: Kellog,Wharton,MIT
2. Sweet spot: DUKE,Booth,Yale,Haas,Cornell,Tepper,Oxford,Cambridge
Please give me your opinion about my choice of b schools and could you please help me finalize on 6 schools. Also probably u can suggest a few other b schools I should apply to alongside the ones mentioned by me. Since I don’t have international experience should I apply to the UK b schools? However,I have worked with many international clients.
Your guidance will be of great value to me