I'm planning to apply for fall of 2013.
I am trying to figure out what I should consider a reach, a match, and a safety school.
My plan is 1 or 2 reaches and 2-3 matches in R1 and then a few safety schools in R2 if those dont work out.
Indian Male, will be 27 (almost 28) at matriculation
Gmat - 710 50q 35v
Work History (At Matriculation)
4 years - IT Product Consultant - at firm with number one position in Global Billing Market
3 years - Telecom Presales Consultant - one of the five largest India-based IT services firms
At each of my positions, I was rated among top 5% high performers and saw multiple promotions. I have great stories from my current role.
I led a team of 2 to develop an application which was nominated for the innovator of the year award back in 2010.
In my previous project, I led a team of 16 associates for a short period of time (approx. 1 year) , but my work was very much appreciated by clients.
In my current role, I have won my company 6 major bids (over 1 M$ in revenue) for Telecomm implementation projects.
I have been working with French associates from our company for over 2 years now. I understand french. I am planning to write French DELF A1 certification soon.
Graduated 2006 GPA 73% - represents top 1% for our university (65% - class I, 75% - distinction)
Major Electronics and Telecommunications,
Work/Extra-curricular in College
Guitarist and lead vocalist for college band.
represented college in IEEE region 10 web development competition.
Organised National level tech fest.
- Co-founded a nanotech firm. The company is in inception stage. We are waiting for regulatory approvals. We have filed US patent and are waiting for it to come through. We have a pilot kit ready and have started pitching the business plan to different govt agencies for funding. Recently the idea was ranked 4th in a business idea competition hosted by one of the countries tier 1 B schools.
- Organised many community outreach programs with my current and previous employer to teach guitar to underprivileged kids. Our project won Nasscom CSR champ award.
Post MBA Goal
- Continue working as a cofounder in our firm and roll out new nanotech products we have in our plan.
- As you can see in my work history, I have 7 years of technology experience. I love the technology domain and would like to make the most of the experience I have. I have chosen target schools which have tech connections (tech recruiters / geographic advantage).
- I would like to see a career progression from IT consulting towards hard-core consulting.
UC Berkeley (Haas)
Carnegie Mellon (Tepper)
University of Texas--Dallas
Georgia Institute of Tech
Notre Dame (Mendoza)
Texas A&M (Mays)
Please let me know your thoughts about my overall profile and the schools I have chosen.