Joined: 17 Mar 2011
, given: 0
Profile Eval and Advice [#permalink]
21 Mar 2011, 09:16
I'm an undergraduate Junior looking for an honest evaluation of my hypothetical profile. I have a full-time offer from a Big 4 (Deloitte) in their Audit Services department, and need some direction before I accept/decline/extend the offer.
- Age: 27 (at time of matriculation)
- Undergrad: BS Finance + Accountancy at a top public university
- GPA: 3.6 (Dean's List/Cum Laude); Major GPA 3.8+
- GMAT: Let's assume 710-720 based on practice tests
- Work Ex: 2 years in Audit (Financial Services Industry in New York), 3 years in Transaction Services (Business Valuation/Corporate Finance)
- Leadership/ECs: Very Solid; VP of FInance Club, Co-founder/director of student org., Research Assistant, Senior Consultant/Project Manager of selective student-run consulting organization, worked as a congressional aide/intern on Capitol Hill over summer, study abroad in Israel, Finalist in 2 business case competitions. Also worked as a computing/IT consultant close to 20 hours a week my sophomore year.
- Misc: Fluent in three languages (English, Hindi, German) and can speak in five. Should be a CPA/CFA by the time I apply as well.
- I'm an international student, and grew up in India before I came to the US for college. I can't help but feel that several doors to break into ibanking/consulting are shut since I lack work authorization. Many international students I know at this point are desperate to get ANY work experience, so I'm tempted to accept the job offer simply for the security.
- I could try getting promoted to Audit Senior one year ahead of schedule which should be a plus. Looking to switch to Transaction Advisory Services after second year, however.
I just wanted to know if the above profile looks solid for a top 15 MBA (probably won't apply to HBS, Stanford, Wharton since they're long shots). More specifically, I'm interested in Kellogg, Columbia, Haas, Dartmouth, UMich, UCLA.
Also, would my two years in audit be underwhelming in terms of work experience? If so, what part of my profile would help me stand out?