Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 19:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Eval, curious what you think my chance are in %

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Profile Eval, curious what you think my chance are in % [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 13:38
Hi there Precision Essay folks,

Here's my basic profile:

25, Male (26 at Matriculation)
I'm African American.
I'm a Director of Finance in For-Profit Education (probably the youngest Director of Finance the company ever had when I was promoted at 24 years old)
690 GMAT (88%). (66%q, 89%v) First try and not retaking.
3.24 GPA, B.S. in Finance from a Cal State University, also an A.A. and A.S. No supplemental classes and not taking any.

Ex-Cirr = I'm the Mentor to entry level Management Trainee's in my District (selected after a competitive application process).

Transitioning from Finance/General Management to IB equity capital markets due to lack of growth and instability in the For-Profit Education industry.

I'm particularly interested in what you think my chances are in terms of percent, assuming perfect recommendations and very good essays, at HBS, Haas, Johnson, Tepper, McCombs, Marshall, & Kelley.

And based on my profile do you think there are any other programs you think I might be a good fit for?

Thank you :)

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 461 [0], given: 28

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Eval, curious what you think my chance are in % [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 06:28
Expert's post
HBS will give you a run for your money, but at the others your chances should be very good. I'd need some more info to really tell you though - need to get an idea about the size of your company, of the amounts you are dealing with. Do you lead any people?

also, have you thought about applying through the consortium??

http://www.cgsm.org/

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | The Team | Get a Free Consultation | 2013-2014 Essay Analyses

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Eval, curious what you think my chance are in % [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 09:33
Ok, well, the company has 1.6 billion in annual revenue, over 7000 employees, and it has a recognized name (although often in a bad way). I lead 3 people (small department). And I am applying through the Consortium :)

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 461 [0], given: 28

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Eval, curious what you think my chance are in % [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2011, 03:07
Expert's post
Good. Well I think with your list you are good. If you have the time and energy add one or two more schools that appeal to you, and with good recs and good essays you are gonna do fine.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | The Team | Get a Free Consultation | 2013-2014 Essay Analyses

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!