I am interested in applying to the HBS (2+2 program) and Stanford (deferred admission). I am only considering these two schools because I am currently in college and do not want to do my MBA directly after college. Those are the only two programs from top schools in the US I know. Please do let me know if there are more.
22 years old. Asian American female, US citizen.
Accelerated 5-year B.S. and M.S. in Biomedical Engineering
Minor in Business Administration
GPA 3.82, GMAT 750 Q49 V42
I have done three co-ops (6 month internships) during my time at college:
1. chinese pharma company in shanghai - biologics assays
2. Merck - vaccine engineer
3. Johnson & Johnson - Lean, process improvement
leadership positions that I've had:
1. Vice president of my sorority at college
2. president of an overall Greek council that oversees many fraternities and sororities at college
3. founded (and is current president of) an engineering and science society at college
4. president of an intern society at Johnson and Johnson
5. membership director for local chapter of society of women engineers
Studied abroad in London for a semesters and took non-engineering cultural enrichment courses
I have won multiple scholarships for my good academics/involvement on campus
I consider myself very ambitious.. I am about to starting my last year in college and am planning to apply to b school this fall. By the time I graduate college, I will have a B.S. and M.S. degree and 1.5 years of internship experience.
I am slightly worried that because I come from a very average undergraduate school, Harvard /Stanford will look at me negatively. The truth is I was accepted into ivy league schools for my undergrad but could not afford it at the time. (not sure if I should blend this into my essay somehow to make sure that I am on the same starting point as ivy-league grads)
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATE!!!! Thank you!!!!