Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 02:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Eval - Gmat 770, GPA 3.3, 4 years in Energy S&T

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth (R1 - WL, Admit)
WE 1: Trading Strategy, S&T @ Supermajor
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Profile Eval - Gmat 770, GPA 3.3, 4 years in Energy S&T [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2010, 14:47
Hey guys, looking for an eval - I've been applying Round 1 to most places, so I can't change what I've done, but I'd like an honest assessment - Question is, any shot at a top 10? I've applied to MIT, Wharton, Booth, and Northwestern. A little more about me...

Nationality: American

Education: Double majored in Applied Math and Economics at a top 15 school
GPA: 3.33 <- Concerned about this...
GMAT: 770 (49Q 47V 5AW)

Experience: 3 years in a rotational program in a supermajor's sales and trading group. Promoted into our trading strategy/analytics group after graduation. 4 years exp at matriculation.

Extracurriculars: Run recruiting at my alma mater, so a lot of event organization and relationship building. Took the initiative and organized the first nationwide analyst conference for my program at work. Also organized work days at local charity. All through work, but well outside of the scope of my normal duties... not sure if this will hurt me or not.

Post MBA: Want to go into asset management, would prefer to work at a long/short fund. Dream job is to manage a university endowment.

Schools: R1: Booth, Wharton, Sloan, Northwestern, TX Mccombs, Duke

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks guys!!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 85 [1] , given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Profile Eval - Gmat 770, GPA 3.3, 4 years in Energy S&T [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2010, 09:52
This post received
KUDOS
Well since the apps are in it doesn't really matter at this point. THat said, i think you picked a nice range of schools and have a shot at all of them.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth (R1 - WL, Admit)
WE 1: Trading Strategy, S&T @ Supermajor
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Profile Eval - Gmat 770, GPA 3.3, 4 years in Energy S&T [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2010, 11:26
jordanhendrix wrote:
Well since the apps are in it doesn't really matter at this point. THat said, i think you picked a nice range of schools and have a shot at all of them.

Thanks Jordan - yep, you're right. For the ones that are in, I guess I was trying to evaluate my odds of disappointment :) . That said, there's always RD2...
Re: Profile Eval - Gmat 770, GPA 3.3, 4 years in Energy S&T   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2010, 11:26