Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 11:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Eval - Indian/F/750/3.5 WE Consulting

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Profile Eval - Indian/F/750/3.5 WE Consulting [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2012, 04:49
Background: 27 - Female - India
GMAT: 750 (Q50, V41), AWA 5.5, IR 6
College:
Have been among the top 5% throughout my academic life with consistent performance in each semesters and school years
Degree – Five year Integrated Post Graduation course: - B.Tech (Information Technology) + MBA (General Mgmt), from a top ranked government institute in India. Graduated in 2009 with a GPA of 8.73/10 (2nd highest in a batch of 50 students).
Schooling from India – Class XII at 90% (Highest in the batch – 150 students) Class X at 87.8% (2nd highest in the batch – 150 students)

Work Experience:
 40 months of consulting experience as on today
 Worked in the capacity of a Senior Consultant in the consultancy division of a well-known Indian IT company till end of July 12
 Implemented supply chain improvement projects for an Indian manufacturing client
 Designed sales and distribution strategies for a Japanese automotive player
 Developed several consulting products, frameworks for the Telecom and Banking verticals
 3 progressions in 40 months
 Authored 3 whitepapers (published in company’s internal magazines) and 2 business reports
 Won Performance awards thrice
 Organized Strategy Meets in London and India for the senior practice leaders
 Facilitated change management workshops
 Planned and managed the global induction program for MBA Campus recruits
 Mentored MBA summer interns

I have just joined a globally renowned Business Intelligence firm (very strong in FMCG/CPG verticals) in their consulting division as I would like to work in these sectors post MBA.

In this job I will get to work for big clients in the FMCG/ retail verticals by conducting and coordinating highly customized market research for them. This would give me an opportunity to understand the dynamics of the industry from a distance. This role gives me an opportunity to speak to all the players in the complete supply chain in the concerned industry and understand their business strategies and challenges. I also get to work in highly virtualized global teams managing analysts across the globe.

International Experience:
Organized a week long strategy meet for senior practice leaders in London

Completed a 3 month long internship in SDA Bocconi, Milan under guidance of a much respected SDA Bocconi professor (The internship was fully sponsored by SDA Bocconi)

I have worked in lot of virtual teams – Few Japanese clients and US/UK colleagues. Plus in my current role, I again work with analysts spread across the globe. Further, I have lived 3 years in UK and 6 months in Malaysia during my childhood.

Extracurricular:
• Volunteered in organizing art camps for under privileged kids to help them discover their dreams through the medium of art
• Participated and won many award in cultural dance, painting and sketching in school, college
• Organized hobby classes for young kids and taught them painting, card making and paper crafts
• Member of the Core Committee responsible for the overall management of the National Level Cultural Festival of our Institute.
• Elected as the School Head Girl

Target Schools:
INSEAD, LBS, Oxford, Cambridge, NUS, ISB

Post MBA Goal:
I want to enter the Luxury sector or the Beauty & Personal Care sector in which I get opportunities to manage activities for entire life cycle of the product including the introduction of new products & services including product type, pricing strategy, promotions, marketing campaigns, etc.
Initially I would like to work outside India and get the required experience and exposure. After few years I would like to return to India as the Luxury sector is just picking up in India and there will be a need for experienced professionals who can take up senior roles and apply their global learning’s to Indian context.

Questions:
Among the schools I have mentioned above,
- do I stand a good chance?
- where do I have best scholarship chances?

Are there any chances in Harvard/Wharton/Sloan/ Stern?

In which US B-schools (1-2) do I have best chances of getting admission considering scholarship chances and post MBA goal

Will my lack of international experience hamper my chances at INSEAD and other top 10 schools?

Thankyou so much!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 538 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Eval - Indian/F/750/3.5 WE Consulting [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2012, 02:19
Expert's post
Hey there sidakl,
First of all you have a very lovely profile. Overall I see sings of strength: consistent performance in the top, consistent with 3 promotions in 40 months! Iw ould say that consistent success and very high performance is the single best quality you can offer Bschools.
PLUS you have the advantage of being a female candidate!!!
So the world is your oyster!

You have chances at any and all of the schools you mentioned and H/S/W aren't entirely out of reach either. Although given your goals I could suggest three more schools: 1. Kellogg (marketing and brand management strength) 2. Columbia (NYC location VITAL for luxury brands) 3. HEC Paris (VERY strong luxury brand program, and it's in, well, PARIS!!!)

Scholarship chances will be higher in schools that are easier for you, (i.e. HEC), but I wouldn't worry about that now. If yo get into one of the top schools, with or without scholarship it shouldn't influence your decision tooooo much.

As for international experience, I think you have enough to make a good case for it, so I wouldn't worry about that. One thing you WILL have to deal with is the fact that you "already have an MBA" by explaining that it was part of a joint program, that you want a 'real' MBA, etc. etc., but definitely DO address this in your application.

Overall, looking good.. veeery good... now, just knock their socks off with an amazing application!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!