Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Jul 2014, 06:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Eval - Indian, Male, Auto, Sales, 8Yrs, 690

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Eval - Indian, Male, Auto, Sales, 8Yrs, 690 [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2013, 21:09
Hi Jon

I am hoping to get your valuable insight on the strengths & weak spots in my profile.

GMAT- 690 (Q50, V33, AW-4, IR-8)
GPA - 3/4 (Mechanical Engg, Non-IIT, Non-NIT)
Demography - 29, Single, Indian, Male

Work-Ex: 8yrs with a leading Indian Automobile (commercial vehicles) Manufacturer
Year1 : Manufacturing Operations.
Planned for setting up a new engines assembly line
Year2-3 : After-Sales support.
Established a product (Bus) which went on to serve 10% of Indian public transport
Year4-7 : Sales (B2B), Marketing & Distribution Network Development.
Stellar Sales record with experience of selling to variety of industries. Led teams with age groups of 23-44 Yrs.
Helped a client firm (China's biggest investment in India) to develop selling strategies for one of its 4 product-lines.
Established sales channels uniquely by partnering clients-cum-local entrepreneurs.
Year8 : Deputed for 10 months to work with one of the top two management consulting firms to redesign the Sales & Marketing process for the company (Rev: 2.5b USD) covering supporting functions of HR, Finance & IT.
Rated Outstanding (Recd by less than 1% of the 15,000 employees)

Co-Curricular:
Secretary of Youth Wing of Lions Club during Under-grad. Activities focussed around community service.
Personally organised mini-AIDS awareness campaign for highway-truckers during non-working hours. (Not in affiliation with any Non-Profit or employers' CSR wing)

Post-MBA::
Short-Term: Join Leadership program of a European/Indian/Japanese Auto firm

Schools:
I am planning to apply only to ISB & INSEAD. It would be great if you could suggest few options I might want to consider.
I did not prepare for the GMAT but I am confident of touching 720 with a month's lead time. Will highly appreciate your views on this one.

Thanks in advance!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 490 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile Eval - Indian, Male, Auto, Sales, 8Yrs, 690 [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2013, 22:17
Expert's post
Hey there,
Well with your GMAT and profile I think that ISB and INSEAD are both stretches... so retaking the GMAT is definitely a good idea, but I don't want to speculate until you have your real score.... but I think that if you are serious about doing an MBA, you might also want to consider opening up the possibility to applying to other schools, because even if you were to get a 740, ISB and INSEAD will not necessarily be easy (although for sure more possible than with a 680!).

Good luck on your retake!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!